California storage facilities and liens.

dperry
dperry Registered User ✭✭
My question is have any of you resumed processing liens? We have 1 in lien status but have not gone forth yet. So far I'm not able to find any new news about conducting a lien and don't want to do anything illegal. Thank you for your input.

Diane
Templeton Ministorage

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started back up earlier this year and had an auction in April.  Just make sure your city doesn't have any current mandates against it.  Generally, storage hasn't fallen under the housing eviction rules.

Check the CSSA website for up to date information.
  • dperry
    California did have eviction/lien rules. I've been online looking to see if they were lifted and I'm not finding anything has changed. I'm bummed because we've been dealing with this gal  since March. 
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be clear - a lien is not the same as an eviction.  

This is the entire CSSA coronavirus update site with all pertinent info.
  • dperry
    Thank you for the information. I'm still researching as I still don't know if the restriction on liens has been lifted in California. Haven't seen any liens advertised in the paper either! Thank you, I appreciate all you've done to help. 
  • MamaDuke7
    In CA, both CubeSmart and Public Storage are auctioning.  So as long as your local city/county don't have specific restrictions you should be good to go.  You can always call CSSA and ask questions, too.
  • lmcav1116
    lmcav1116 Registered User
    Yes and have held auctions already. From how many auctions that were held not counting us i think most storages are getting back into the normal flow. The excuses from covid are very very high though not sure how long that will last.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads