SiteLink Texting....pre-payment reminder

Options
igotthisnow
igotthisnow Registered User ✭✭✭
Does anyone know how I can test a payment reminder from Sitelink?   One can SMS a past due notice but not a pre-payment reminder.

This would simply need to say:

"Just a friendly reminder...your rent is due in 5 days at All Star Storage"

I'm on anniversary billing and use Twilio for my SMS as it's only .075 per send. Any specific help would be appreciated.

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't believe anything except invoices can be set to run BEFORE the due date.
  • igotthisnow
    Options
    It would be great if texting could be added as a reminder feature, in addition to the required invoice (email or print). 
    What would be the downside?

• storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi, @igotthisnow. @MamaDuke7 is correct. The only prepayment reminder that CRM events use is related to a prepayment discount such as pay 12 get the 13th month for free. Invoicing is built around what the customer is trying to do where a notice is sent x many days before the rent is due with the amount due. Option 1 is to use simple certified mail to send a postcard invoice which is more expensive than SMS but cheaper than a regular letter.  Option 2 is to create a past due event and set it to 1 day late, you can set up an SMS message to send then (but that would not be before rent is due.)  Maybe once we have our own SMS integration we can expand on its functionality to better fit your needs! ~Amy C.
  • Jim0623
    Jim0623 Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    Couldn't this work? Say your normal invoices are sent out on the 20th. It pre-charges the account. Create a letter in sitelink, leave it blank and create a text with that letter to say  "Just a friendly reminder...your rent is due in 5 days at All Star Storage" Then go into CRM campaign set it up to go out on the 25th and choose the letter and select the SMS only as the document delivery option? I think if you inserted the keyword tenant.BalanceAccountTotal you could even put what the upcoming rent will be in the account. 

Probably a couple ways to do it but I don't see why you couldn't set this up because after the invoice the charge is on the account and its just putting it on a monthly schedule to notify people after that. 
  • igotthisnow
    Options
    I'll look into both of the above.  Thanks much!

Is there reason we can't SMS an invoice as long as it's send by one other delivery method?  This would be the most logical remedy.  With Sitelink we can already SMS past due notices...why not invoices?
    I love Sitelink overall...its very robust.  Why not fix this stodgy glitch?
  • Jim0623
    Jim0623 Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    I agree, with texting being the modern form of communication. This should be expanded greatly. I would love to be able to have a response from a customer save in the tenant notes as well. A lot of untapped potential with SMS within sitelink. 
  • storable_support
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Hello, thanks to everyone for providing us with the use cases and business needs for implementing more robust SMS functionalities. We've added it to our feature request list!
  • igotthisnow
    Options
    YES INDEED!  Thanks 
  • GlenMark
    GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Jim0623 said:
    I agree, with texting being the modern form of communication. This should be expanded greatly. I would love to be able to have a response from a customer save in the tenant notes as well. A lot of untapped potential with SMS within sitelink. 

I had started texting tenants during the pandemic and was amazed by response times. Makes paper mail and email pretty much obsolete. 
  • igotthisnow
    Options
    Any update from SiteLink as to when this will be completed?  It's been two plus months since their commitment to provide a pre due date text reminder option.
  • storable_support
    Options
    Hi, @igotthisnow. Thanks for following up with us on this. This request has been added to our feature request list for future consideration of development. We evaluate these requests alongside all other requests and product direction, and collectively decide when they might be placed on our development road map. Unfortunately, this request hasn’t been slated for development yet, but this doesn’t mean it won’t be built — it just means that I can’t provide a timeline with you today. However, I’ve flagged your interest in this feature again and the team that determines roadmapping has also been notified. When there’s an update, I look forward to letting you know! ~Amy C.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads