StorLogix Mobile

Options
Anybody using StorLogix mobile from PTI security? If, so, are you having issues on mobile phones? Such as being unable to login because the app is unable to sync?

Having issue with PTI's tech support and their lack of timely, if any, responses.

Comments

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I get that error off an on. I submitted a ticket on 9/1 and still haven't heard from them. It tells me " Site Connection Error", it seems like it works when it wants which stinks.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mine stopped working a couple weeks ago.  The computer dashboard shows an error.  And when I troubleshoot, the website for that is no longer valid.  I'm wondering if they're no longer supporting it, which would be a shame since I used it daily.  I think I'll post on SST and see if Robert can answer!
  • GlenMark
    GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Okay, so it appears we are not alone then. 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here's the answer:

Hi Guys. EasyCode is not dead, it's just pining for the fjords. (Some of you may get this joke, some may not...)

What the problem was, is that the service that we used to deliver the messages from StorLogix to EasyCode, stopped supporting what is referred to as TLS 1.0 a couple of weeks ago. This was used to encrypt web traffic. Our StorLogix desktop was built with a .NET version that used this as the default.

Without going too much into the technical details, there is a Windows registry fix for this problem that our tech support will be happy to help you with. They have been instructed to provide a high priority for these calls.

There are new updates for EasyCode coming in the future, to better support our other new products we are releasing soon. We'll be sending out more info when that happens.

Robert Toy
    PTI Security Systems
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So, basically, "Call us and wait days or weeks until we decide to get back to you again. We will walk you through a simple fix that we could just publish on the internet for our customers, but we really want to waste your time and make sure you always call us for service."

Sorry, just a little rant. If it is a registry tweak, though, they really could just provide instructions or even a file for users having the problem.

Also, TLS 1.0 should have been abandoned years ago, like 2006 or so. 

ok... sorry again. Rant over.
  • igotthisnow
    igotthisnow Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    PTI= Useless customer support.  Just sayin...
  • rmason
    rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    On the other hand . . . reported my problem this morning and within an hour tech called back and fixed the problem as described above.  Go figure!!!
  • Sarah
    Sarah Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    I have been trying to get help for 2 weeks for this issue - have submitted tickets - left multiple messages and got NOTHING. Its effecting business in a major way as I can get the alerts but I cant see what is going on without having someone go to the lot to turn off the alarms! 
    Does anyone have a lead on what the fix is? Or how to actually talk with someone - its becoming a HUGE issue 
  • MamaDuke7
    Options
    Sarah said:
    I have been trying to get help for 2 weeks for this issue - have submitted tickets - left multiple messages and got NOTHING. Its effecting business in a major way as I can get the alerts but I cant see what is going on without having someone go to the lot to turn off the alarms! 
    Does anyone have a lead on what the fix is? Or how to actually talk with someone - its becoming a HUGE issue 
    I had to get a rep from the other storage forum to elevate my ticket.  I had it fixed the same day.  The rep I had talked to for fixing another issue didn't have a clue what to do with the EasyCode.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sarah said:
    The only way I've gotten help is on the other forum, speaking to Robert. Who is a tech for the company
  • sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Had the same issue, they called me 3 days later and fixed it. They said everything is going to be a problem until we get migrated over to their cloud integration................so here we go over to their cloud!! 
  • mistore
    mistore Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    So, does this mean that the StorLogix installed on my site computer no longer available to control anything? I got a call this weekend that it no longer boots up, and I've spent all morning trying to get it to work to no avail. 

• MamaDuke7
    Options
    mistore said:
    So, does this mean that the StorLogix installed on my site computer no longer available to control anything? I got a call this weekend that it no longer boots up, and I've spent all morning trying to get it to work to no avail. 

No.  This is only for the EasyCode App that is remote access.  Nothing changed with the direct computer controls.
  • mistore
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:
    No.  This is only for the EasyCode App that is remote access.  Nothing changed with the direct computer controls.
    Damn, I was hoping that there was something I could track down that had changed. I'm kinda dead in the water for no apparent reason, with no way to update my gate now.   :/
  • MamaDuke7
    Options
    Looks like you need to put in a support ticket ASAP.  
  • mistore
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:
    Looks like you need to put in a support ticket ASAP.  
     Yea, I did. For all the good that does. 

• storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello, we wanted to make sure that everyone on this thread heard the good news -- we’ll be launching Storable Access Control fully embedded into SiteLink Software next month!

We’ve been having many conversations with our SiteLink customers about this product to ensure that what we’re building addresses your most critical business challenges, and we are confident it will. We’ve been working to create a product for operators, by operators - which means as your needs shift, so will our product.

From reliable and prompt support (the average wait-time for a client needing phone support from us is just under one minute)available to help troubleshoot any issues across the Storable Platform, to the ability to manage and configure your Access Control program directly from your facility management software, we know our solution will empower your operations to be more secure and run more smoothly. 

You can learn more here and I'd be happy to answer any questions that you may have too! 
    ~Amy C.
  • storable_support
    Options
    Hi, again. I'm happy to announce that Access Control for SiteLink is HERE! 
    Please see this post for more details :) ~Amy C.
  • lmcav1116
    lmcav1116 Registered User
    Options
    Is that what the problem is with tenants who have been using a cell to pay bills and gate access cant login? About a week now tenant have had similar issues.
  • storable_support
    Options
    Hi, @lmcav1116. Apologies for any confusion! I was just announcing that Access Control for SiteLink is now available (it officially launched today). Any issues at your facility wouldn't be related to this. Please give Support a call, so we can help you troubleshoot. 919-865-0789, Option 2. Thank you, Amy C.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads