Site with no internet access

Options
Wondering if anybody runs a site that does not have good internet access off a hot spot.  I have a site I run remotely but would like to update gate codes and view cameras off site.  I use storelogix  gate software.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We have a secondary site without wired internet, but it has a direct line of sight from our primary site (above the rooftops), so we installed a point to point radio link. It works quite well. 

If you don't have a clear line of sight to a site with better internet, a cellular hotspot might be ok, but most plans get expensive quickly if you are using them a lot. Cameras can send a lot of data. Also,at least around where I am, cellular signals are flaky at best.

If wired internet isn't an option, look into wireless ISPs. They also usually require a line of sight to a mountain top radio tower, though.
  • helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I use a Wilson cell phone booster to a Verizon Wireless router. And set my cameras so they don't send a continuous signal.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads