Separate Windows Users

Options
I'm using SiteLink at a facility and running it from a Windows 10 laptop. I am also segregating my employees by setting them up as separate Users on the desktop.

The problem is that SiteLink will not open up for a different desktop User unless that employee is both logged out AND they close SiteLink. It tells them that there is already an instance of SiteLink running at that location.

Is there any way to configure SiteLink (or Windows?) to not treat each individual User at the computer as a separate "location"?

Comments

• mistore
    mistore Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    If I select to "close all other instances and continue signing in normally" it gives me an error code.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi, @mistore. Thanks for your question. As you've discovered, SiteLink can only have one instance per location across all Windows users. We understand that this experience can be improved upon and we're working on an update to the login security and authorization that should help you. We recommend either having users log out of SiteLink when not actively using it or enabling the 'Security Logon' setting that will require users to log in when going into various daily operation tasks like Move-In, Payments, Lead to Lease, etc. 
  • mistore
    Options
    I get the security concerns, it's still just a singular "location" just segregated Windows desktops on the same laptop.

The big issue is that even when User "A" is logged out of Sitelink, User "B" can not access unless User "A" completely shuts down the program on their desktop beforehand; compound that with the fact that User "B" can not then choose to shut down other instances and sign in without getting an error.
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not ideal, but if you need both users to be in Sitelink at the same time, could one of them use myhub? That should almost eliminate the login problem. I know Myhub doesn't have all the features.

Are you switching users throughout the shift? Or only between shifts? If it's between shifts, have the users actually log out when they are done. 

The current user can also log out any other users from the task manager. This should close the other instance of Sitelink.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-sign-out-other-users-windows-10
  • mistore
    Options
    themage said:
    It's not ideal, but if you need both users to be in Sitelink at the same time, could one of them use myhub? 
    Yea, that is the workaround at the moment. myHub does work with enough functionality for them to do what they need to, it's just a pain to have to switch around.

I just wish SiteLink was more seamless instead of being stuck in the early 2000's with it's use interface and experience.   

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads