Smart Locks

Options
I am working on a new storage build this Spring. I am considering Smart Locks by either Janus or PTI. Has anyone used Smart Lock technology? Thoughts?

Comments

• Jim0623
    Jim0623 Registered User ✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I personally am not a fan... I don't have them so I cant speak to how they work but I don't see the point. I also thought the $11 per year a door you have to pay is insane! $6,000 a year if you have a 500 unit facility, every year because you bought their equipment. They are very expensive and all for what? So you don't have to buy locks? Also what happens if one of those breakdown? Security was also a concern for us as well. They mentioned if it stop working that sometimes you are able to get a high powered magnet and slide the latch manually using that. How long before criminals figure that out?
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jim0623 said:
     They mentioned if it stop working that sometimes you are able to get a high powered magnet and slide the latch manually using that. How long before criminals figure that out?
    Probably soon, this is a public forum lol
  • skinman
    skinman Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We have NOKE latches (Janus) installed on about 1/3+ of a facility right now and our customers love them. far more secure than a standard latch. I'll be happy when the entire facility is done.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads