A mistake was made...

Options
Here is the situation that I would like to solicit help on;

A payment was made and applied to the wrong account (one unit). The account it should have been applied to has two units.

Via Ledger Adjustments, I can go back and transfer that payment to another unit, but I can not split it across the two units. This gives me the situation where one of their units is prepaid, while the other is delinquent.

Is there a cleaner way to do this?

Comments

• BusyProperties
    BusyProperties Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I would void the payment/receipt. Repost as if it were the first time posting it, to the correct account, applying it to both units. 
  • mistore
    mistore Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    I'll go back and try it again, but I don't think it will let me as this happened five days ago and (multiple) Daily Closes have been done.
  • mistore
    Options
    Yea, the original post date was 10/1. I though maybe I could transfer it over to one of their units, and then void it out, but no dice. The original post date follows it.

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You'll have to credit the second unit and add a charge back to the first for that same amount in order to even it all out.
  • mistore
    Options
    I ended up just transferring it all to the (higher rate) unit, and checking "never lock out". I figure when he pays the next months charges, it will even out and I will uncheck his lock out status.

It is clunky, and not ideal, but then so was everything else.  :D
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe you can also use the NSF Reversal function to undo the payment, and then re-apply the payment correctly. Just make sure to uncheck the NSF fee and the "Increment This Tenant's total NSF" when you process the reversal.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads