What are the best things a manager can do help the business succeed?

Shauna
Shauna TXRegistered User
Hello, I have been the manager of this facility for a little over 2.5 years. This was a new business that I started with and helped grow. I set up sitelink, built our website (always learning and changing), did advertising, and I work office hours as well as on call. I am the only employee, so I do all of the tasks for daily operation. I have tried to keep customer service as the top priority. My phone and laptop stay with me at all times. This is my first storage endeavor, so now I would like to really learn where I can improve on (since I don't really have anyone to learn from in this field). Any tips from owners or managers that really help the business would be appreciated. We are at least breaking even or better each month, but I really want to ramp up the growth as well as be the best asset I can. What does your managers do, or you wish they did, to help the business succeed? Thank you for any advice and input. 

Answers

• JonnyB
    JonnyB IDRegistered User
    Just being on site, and always being available seems to work for me, and just be happy and respectful. Its sounds like you are doing a great job, just keep it up
  • ESS
    ESS TXRegistered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Jonny said and also encouraging tenants to leave reviews. A lot of our business is repeat and referral or they saw our reviews on Google. Upsell when you can and always offer merchandise if you have it. Renting a unit? We sell locks. Buying boxes? Do you need tape with that? Honesty works very well here too. Yes, our competitor offers a $1 move in, but then they will jack your rate up more than we regularly charge. Yes we cost a bit more, but we have better lighting, etc. Keeping the property clean! And when tenants mention seeing me outside cleaning or how clean the facility is, I let them know we are keeping it clean for them and we want them to get their money's worth. Utilize your Lead to Lease. When people are calling to check prices before committing, mention your qualities that are better than your competitions: We don't charge a deposit or require insurance like they do. 
    Angela
  • Shauna
    Shauna TXRegistered User
    Thank you for the tips! 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads