Having issues with SiteLink and/or LiveUpdate?

Options
Alright, I took off for an extended weekend, first time in a long time, and I came back to a mess?

I have someone that comes in once in a while to process payments and she messaged me this weekend to say that SiteLink would just hang on the splash screen without booting. I figured she had done something wrong, so I had her just use MyHub on a tablet and everything was fine.

• I come in this morning, and it hangs up for me also.
  • I reboot the computer; same thing.
  • I did a LiveUpdate from the SiteLink Corporate Control Center; same thing.
  • I did a LiveUpdate from SiteLink WebEdition, and it completes and allows me to log in no problem, so I figure, problem solved.

Problem is, if I shut down, or restart the computer, SiteLink will hang up, and I have to go through the LiveUpdate procedure all over again to get it to boot up? Every single time.

Now, full disclosure, I am also having the same issues with my PTI StorLogix software, but nothing I do can get that to go past the initial splash screen. Normally I would think that something has changed on the site computer, as it is affecting both programs the same way, but if that were the case, why would SiteLink work after I run the LiveUpdate?

Anybody have any suggestions?

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Check your firewalls and antivirus, make sure the computers clock is right. It may be something deeper, but those are the simplest things I can think of hat might effect both PTI and Sitelink.

We also had an issue years ago where we had to manually run sitelink as admin (right click, run as admin). I don't know if that would effect PTI.

• storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi, @mistore. We're sorry for this trouble! To resolve these issues quickly for you, it'd be best to chat directly. Please give us a call at 919-865-0789, Option 2, and have any recent log files from around the time of the incident handy. Without knowing specifics, this may be a hardware issue. We're happy to troubleshoot this with you and hope to hear from you soon.
  • mistore
    mistore Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you @storable_support, I was able to work with tech support enough that, while they had never seen this type of error in this way, we were able to figure out that there was something going wrong on my end.

I do appreciate the assistance.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So glad everything's been resolved, @mistore
  • mistore
    mistore Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    So, this appears to be an ongoing issue. 

My "solution" was to roll back and restore my computer to a prior state, before the update. This worked and everything was fine. The problem, is that every time Microsoft updates, it causes SiteLink to brick and be unavailable. The only way is to (again) restore my computer to the point prior to any of the system updates. 

This is potentially exposing me to a pretty big security hole as I am unable to take advantage of any new system updates.

Anybody else seeing this issue, or have any thoughts at what the root issue may be?

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads