SMS Service Provider Recommendations

Options
rmason
rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
While I see Sitelink is adding a SMS feature to their customer desired list I need to move forward now and start using SMS.  What are your pros/cons and recommendations for a SMS Service Provider?  Thanks.

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sitelink has offered SMS for several years already.  In the setup menu, it's on the right hand column.
  • rmason
    Options
    Didn't ask the right question. Realize that feature was there, but was also asking for pros and cons of using an SMS provider and recommendations for any provider that Sitelink provides.  Is there a cost involved?
  • BusyProperties
    BusyProperties Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    SMS Resources - we have had them for almost 2 years. Texting has cut down on time, paperwork & headaches!! For just over 600 tenants @ 3 locations, we are usually at $20-$25 a month. 
  • igotthisnow
    igotthisnow Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Twilio charges .0075 cents per text where SMS charges .07 cents.  It can really add up...so Twilio works for me.   Hopefully we can encourage Sitelink to allow pre-due date reminders as they now allow texting for only past due notices.   
  • rmason
    Options
    Other than the price are there any great differences between the two?  Are you tied into a contract or is it a month-to-month?
  • igotthisnow
    Options
    No contract it's month to month.  Very easy to set up and it's 10X cheaper 
  • Jim0623
    Jim0623 Registered User ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Twilio is the way to go.  Easy to get setup.  

Pros : We have cut a ton of our delinquency. 
    Easier on managers.
    Can save predefined messages and attach them to a lot of forms as another way to communicate.  

Cons:
    Sitelink is in the dark ages when it comes to this.  There is currently no way to setup where if a tenant responds to a text that it notifies you and saves to the tenant notes. 

• igotthisnow
    Options
    "Cons:
    Sitelink is in the dark ages when it comes to this.  There is currently no way to setup where if a tenant responds to a text that it notifies you and saves to the tenant notes. "
    Stone age...really.  
  • SelfStorageSMS
    SelfStorageSMS Registered User
    Options
    We can help with all of this.  Regarding cost, Twilio is less expensive, but you get what you pay for...you don't get nearly the features and automation that you get with our software.
    Through our SMS software, when a tenant responds by Text, it gets posted to the Unit Notes, AND posts in the Bulletin Board AND can be sent to you in an email.
    We are an authorized vendor through SiteLink (https://www.sitelink.com/marketplace/tenant-notifications/selfstoragesms) and offer truly automated SMS Text Messaging.
    More details about our service, are on our website @ https://www.selfstoragesms.com
    I am one of the owners and would love to answer any questions you have.  Text, call, or email me @ 808-345-3275 or bo@selfstoragesms.com
    - Bo
    PS: We love feature requests...in fact, many of our features have been because of requests by facility owners and operators.

Bo

808-345-3275 text&call  |  bo@selfstoragesms.com  |  SelfStorageSMS.com

• Johnlev
    Johnlev Registered User
    Options
    We've been using selfstoragesms.com for three months. Our receivables are way down and generally communications with customers is enhanced.
  • SelfStorageSMS
    Options
    Johnlev said:
    We've been using selfstoragesms.com for three months. Our receivables are way down and generally communications with customers is enhanced.
    Hello @Johnlev
    Thank you for your positive comment and recommendation!
    As always, we are here to help in any way we can.  Feel free to reach out to me directly anytime with any questions.
    Thanks,
    Bo
    808-345-3275
    bo@selfstoragesms.com

Bo

• helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Argh... where was SelfStorageSMS two weeks ago when I set up with a different company?!!  I just looked and you don't show up as an option in Marketplace on either the Storable website or SL Web Edition.
     I'll take a look at your setup and see if it's a step up over the one I just spent time installing and learning.
    How well does your system integrate with SL? Tenant replies to texts get posted to Notes? 
  • helenatim
    Options
    Correction... SelfStorageSMS shows up in both locations under the heading of Notifications, but not under SMS/Texting. Which is where I looked :|
  • SelfStorageSMS
    Options
    helenatim said:
    Argh... where was SelfStorageSMS two weeks ago when I set up with a different company?!!  I just looked and you don't show up as an option in Marketplace on either the Storable website or SL Web Edition.
    Sorry we weren't easy to find in SiteLink...we hear this frequently.  We used to be in the SMS/Texting category in the SiteLink Marketplace.  We are hoping to be in both categories, since we do automated Texts, plus automated Calls and automated Emails.
    helenatim said:
     I'll take a look at your setup and see if it's a step up over the one I just spent time installing and learning.
    We own self storage facilities ourselves, so our whole drive is to improve efficiencies.
    helenatim said:
    How well does your system integrate with SL? Tenant replies to texts get posted to Notes? 
    Our system integrates perfectly and very easily...less than 5 minutes to setup and be on the Free Trial.
    Yes, when a tenant replies by Text, it gets posted to the Unit Notes, AND posts in the Bulletin Board, AND can be sent to you in an email, AND can be forwarded to your/your site's mobile phone.  We cover it all  :) 

I am one of the owners and would love to answer any questions you have.  Text, call, or email me @ 808-345-3275 or bo@selfstoragesms.com
    - Bo

Bo

• helenatim
    Options
    Thanks Bo. I'll be in touch. Tim
  • helenatim
    Options
    Well, that was easy. I am now setup with SelfStorageSMS and have Past Due Notices going out automatically by text tomorrow morning.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads