Is it possible for an automatic payment to go thru before it's supposed to?

Options
Klucero
Klucero Registered User
edited October 2021 in SiteLink myHub
I had a tenant pay rent for 2 separate units and set up automatic payment for each one on the 3rd of every month before I closed the office for the day. When I came back next day, I noticed another charge for the same two units thru MyHub Auto Bill. Does someone need to log in for a payment to go thru?  A few days later, the tenant called and is now disputing the second charge.

Answers

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Options
    No one needs to log in for an automatic payment to go through if you use the Batch Processing option.  They run without intervention.  However, they should never run before the due date/scheduled payment date.  

If you don't use the Batch option, then yes, someone has to log in and tell Sitelink to process the card payments for the day.

Are there 2 separate receipts in their account for the same payment?  Or perhaps this was a glitch with the payment processing company?
  • Klucero
    Klucero Registered User
    Options
    There are two separate receipts. The second was "time-stamped" 12:11AM (the day after) for the remainder of balance due.
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It sounds like the tenant made a partial payment that left a balance due for the current month, and then set up autopay? Once the specified date has passed, Autopay will try each day to collect any unpaid balance for the current month.

So, if the tenant has a balance for this month, and it is past the 3rd of this month, Autopay will charge the card on file even if the tenant has made a partial payment.

At least, that seems to be how it works here. The autopay authorization form should probably specify that the tenant authorizes "payment in full" each month, or something similar.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Klucero said:
    There are two separate receipts. The second was "time-stamped" 12:11AM (the day after) for the remainder of balance due.
    For the remainder?  That means they still owed money.  So yes, it will run autopay if there's still a balance due.  It wasn't a duplicate of the same payment.
  • Klucero
    Klucero Registered User
    Options
    Thank you very much! This has helped out a lot!
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also (because this just happened at my store) if there is a late fee on an account, it will auto bill!
    A late tenant paid and put the account on automatic payments going forward; was told we would waive the fee.

The person who took payment & setup the autopay simply left the fee on the account to be removed by the manager the following day... guess what happened?

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads