100 email sending limit

Options
Recently I had to send updated Rules and Regs to our 306 tenants.  Outlook tagged us a spam and only 100 tenants received the email. For a week we could not send emails. I've been told you can send 100 emails every 61 minutes. What do you do in case of an emergency? We have had to close the office due to weather and need to notify all of our tenants and if we do the 100 email rule, it will take 4 hours?? How are the larger facilities handling sending out emails to all their tenants.  We also send out for closed for holidays, updated forms etc....

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have over 1000 tenants.  The one time I had to email everyone, I simply did it it batches of 50.  It was no problem.  And I still used Outlook at that time.  Now I use gmail.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello. We see this issue crop up for those users who are using free email accounts instead of paid, business accounts. We recommend reaching out to your email provider.  
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It has to do with your Email provider and the number of SMTP relays they give you. Basically its a way to cut down on mass email spam.

We use GoDaddy, which allows for 250 emails a day. 

From their site FAQ: 
    "SMTP relays use third-party clients, like Microsoft Outlook, to let you send emails through their servers. To prevent spam, email accounts are limited to 250 SMTP relays each day. This is the reason why you can send only 250 emails per day from your email address."

You can use a third party service to do a big email push, however we've found that @MamaDuke7  's method works just fine.
  • rmason
    rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    We use GMAIL and ours allows 60 per and then stops.  Learned that the hard way with 990 tenants!!!!
  • helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Is there any better way to do bulk emails?

MamaDuke7 said:
    I have over 1000 tenants.  The one time I had to email everyone, I simply did it it batches of 50.  It was no problem.  And I still used Outlook at that time.  Now I use gmail.
    I also have 1000 tenants and use Outlook. I can't figure out what limit they are applying. Is it hourly? Daily?  Today I sent blocks of 150 emails and they went out at about 300 per hour. I really don't want to sit here and do this over several hours.  Gotta be a better way...
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Right now the choices are to find an email provider that allows more or, if you regularly need to send a lot of email, sign up with a mass email / marketing group.

Google workspace (used to be Google's business accounts) allows much higher sending limits (10,000 per day, 100 at a time using smtp relay, 2000 per day otherwise). If you want to use free email you will have to deal with stricter limits.

Every one I looked at says the limit will change without notice. I imagine many of them reduce the limits during higher usage times, and of course when the 'algorithm' thinks there might be someone trying to send too much spam.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you thought of texting your tenants?  I know there is a cost associated with it, but in an emergency situation it might be something to consider.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I am planning to add texting to my software system but have not done it yet. I did take away Invoices and Receipts from Autopay tenants which cut down on emailing significantly. And only 5 or so called me to say that they need a Receipt.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads