LEASE TERMINATION

Do you have to give them 30 days. I have a customer in the hallway blocking other units.
Their unit is packed full with no place to put the stuff

Comments

• LADYLIFT1
    LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I told them Im sending the letter out and I would not accept any more payments. does anyone have the form for Florida, all I have is sitelinks 
  • rmason
    rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
    My lease contains a clause for immediate termination of the lease if the tenant violates the lease.  It's mainly used for storing items specifically called out in the lease that are not authorized. 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would confirm with FLSSA because every state is different.  Or at least check what your contract says.

I'm in CA and my contract can be terminated with 24-hour notice if necessary.
  • OustandingOperator
    OustandingOperator Registered User ✭✭
    This issue will come down to how strong your lease is. There should be several clauses stating this is not allowed/ define abandoned goods and what your managers will do if they find these lease violations. Our lease also includes the clause that we can choose to not renew the lease and have the renter leave immediately. As always with us users being from different states, make sure your lease matches your state's regulations/laws and then you are safe and clear to remove them per the guidelines/lease.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have some form of lease termination language in your contract. Ours states 7 days notice from either party.

Doublecheck your lease, otherwise you could just default to your states laws for tenant/landlord. 

Also having a  "Rules" section in lease is very important - we have a paragraph allowing us to post rules, change or restrict hours etc. that's posted in our office. Changes are effective 7 days after posting.

This is where we have the "no blocking hallways" rule posted (along with a bunch of others). 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads