Break in

Options
How do you handle it when a Cadillac converter gets taken? First of all besides the obvious police report im finding it hard to tell if others are missing the part as well. Im not auto gifted. Do all autos have them? These trailers here and rvs have hanging connections everywhere so i feel helpless. Is it just me or does anyone else get angry yes but more embarassed. We have security and i check EVERYDAY more then once.   

Comments

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It happens. Generally speaking, it is your tenant's responsibility to determine if their property was damaged. We notify any potentially effected tenants and review / save access logs and video records for the relevant area and time. We file a police report and turn over any available evidence. We supply the police case number to any tenant who was effected.
  • GM_SJ_BSS
    GM_SJ_BSS Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    lmcav1116     It's been happening here in CT as well.  Here, they're actually cutting the catalytic converters off right in your own private driveways....School bus yards were hit hard and uhaul truck locations All vehicles are equipped with catalytic converters, its part of the exhaust system (well they should be, in CT it is illegal to have straight pipe and not have a catalytic converter).  trailers or pull alongs do not have exhaust systems, a drivable RV would have one.  It should be fairly easy to tell if one is cut off.  You would have to look under the vehicle and it should be visible to see if the exhaust is still connected and in one whole piece, Good Luck....
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Break-ins are the worst. Yes it happens, but I feel the same way you do. There's not much about my job that I take personally, but I do break-ins. I feel violated, I feel violated for my tenants, and I feel violated for my property. One of the worst calls to make is informing a tenant their unit or vehicle has been breached. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads