Auto pay question

Options
If someone is signed up for autopay, and their payment gets declined for something like "insufficient funds", does the site send them a notification via their registered email that their scheduled payment did not go through?

Comments

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As far as I know, Sitelink will generate a list of failed transactions and let the human operator handle the notices. That way you can run the card again,call, mail, email, or ignore the issue as the situation warrants.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, we have to call and email them. I do try to manually process the card in case their money hasn't been deposited as early as our automatic AP runs. If they still fail, I send the email that we have setup in SL, then call them later on in the day. I also let them know in the email that I'm temporarily removing them from autopay until they contact me to advise the funds are available and give instructions on how to udate their card, if needed.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi, @mistore. Both @themage and @ESS took the words right from our keyboard! (Thanks to you both for your quick and great advice, as always! :) )
  • BusyProperties
    BusyProperties Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I send out a text message
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We setup a custom email in Sitelink to send to declined card tenants.

In Setup under "Email" you can add a Email default. In this case we have a "Declined Card" one that generates a "payment processing error.
    You have to manually go into each tenants account to send the email through letters, but its pretty easy to do. It also puts a note in the file that the letter was emailed. 

our email letter:

Dear <Tenant.FirstNameGreet>,

We were unable to process the Credit Card placed on file for your Storage Unit.. Please contact the office with updated Card information, or if you wish to choose a different method of payment.

PLEASE NOTE: Our billing & notice system is completely automated; It will attempt to charge the card on file 4 days in a row. If the card continues to decline on the 4th attempt, automatic billing will be automatically disabled on your account.  

To turn automatic payments back on, contact staff with updated card information.

You can also manage your account and Credit Card information on our secure website at: 

www.capitolaselfstorage.com

Select the  "Pay Online" tab, and follow instructions to set up your online account. You will need your unit number and the Facility Access Code you selected during signup to setup an online account.

Please see the attached notice for more information.

Thank you,

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    If you go to the reminders list of cards that didn't process, you can select all and then send a letter from the upper right corner of the screen.  Then you don't have to go to each account.  We send them daily this way.

• teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:
    If you go to the reminders list of cards that didn't process, you can select all and then send a letter from the upper right corner of the screen.  Then you don't have to go to each account.  We send them daily this way.

Well. .. that certainly saves a few steps!! 

I actually never thought to do that.. gonna go sit in the corner for a bit :)

Awesome tip
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never knew that either! Thank you @MamaDuke7

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads