Remote Rentals using E Documents-Frustrated

Options
I need a new plan or revised system.  I am tired of doing move ins and tenant not completing documents &/or paying and having to delete account or do move out.  And the thought of not remembering to do so and have a unit showing as rented when it really isn't.  What do you do?  What are your procedures?  Why can't SL have a pre lease or pre move in feature?  I am also struggling with the gate code aspect.  I ask tenant up front to provide code and it is included in Rental Agreement document that is sent for electronic signature.  And SiteLink activates that code when I do move in regardless of documents completed &/or payment.  Thanks

Comments

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You could try to use Lead to Lease. Set up all the tenant info and gate code, set the reservation to current date, reserve the unit, and then once that is saved, still in lead to lease there is a "letters" button. I think you can select the unit you just reserved and your e-sign document to send to the future tenant. Then when the paperwork comes back, you can convert the reservation and take payment. 

That way, there is no move in until you hit the convert button, and the gate code should not be activated until then, too.

Lead to lease doesn't seem to work well with current tenants who are renting an additional unit though, and I can't test the idea thoroughly right now.
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oops, that doesn't seem to work either. Just got a chance to test it. Sorry. It wont let me generate the e-sign before it is rented.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello, this is quite complex! To best address all components, our reply will be a bit lengthy. 

To begin, we are not aware of any substantial issues with using L2L for a current tenant. We'd love more insight on what you're seeing, @themage. Could you please provide us with some details on your experience?

Second, SiteLink cannot generate a lease until the ledger exists. The move-in must be completed first for this to happen properly. SiteLink provides a lease audit to let operators keep track of unfinished leases. However, these are limitations of SiteLink and we understand that tenants can fall through the cracks using the manual audit process.

To help with these concerns, SiteLink allows an operator to withhold the tenant's gate code from initial communications so that the operator can control when the tenant gains access. The specifics of how that works depend on factors like your website provider. (It has little effect if an operator asks their tenants to provide their desired code.) 

Lastly and most importantly, the Product team intends to improve the rental workflow to identify, notify, and automatically rectify situations such as unsigned leases, insurance, etc. This is a major concern for Product and is high on our priority list. 

I hope that this context is a bit helpful and I look forward to updating y'all when the rental workflow is improved. Thank you, Amy C. 
  • themage
    Options
    @storable_support Reviewing my test, the issue with current tenant was my fault. Basically the reservation expiration was set in the past so it would not show up in the lists, and I didn't catch it.
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello, this is quite complex! To best address all components, our reply will be a bit lengthy. 

To begin, we are not aware of any substantial issues with using L2L for a current tenant. We'd love more insight on what you're seeing, @themage. Could you please provide us with some details on your experience?

Second, SiteLink cannot generate a lease until the ledger exists. The move-in must be completed first for this to happen properly. SiteLink provides a lease audit to let operators keep track of unfinished leases. However, these are limitations of SiteLink and we understand that tenants can fall through the cracks using the manual audit process.

To help with these concerns, SiteLink allows an operator to withhold the tenant's gate code from initial communications so that the operator can control when the tenant gains access. The specifics of how that works depend on factors like your website provider. (It has little effect if an operator asks their tenants to provide their desired code.) 

Lastly and most importantly, the Product team intends to improve the rental workflow to identify, notify, and automatically rectify situations such as unsigned leases, insurance, etc. This is a major concern for Product and is high on our priority list. 

I hope that this context is a bit helpful and I look forward to updating y'all when the rental workflow is improved. Thank you, Amy C. 
    I have contacted support several times regarding L2L & existing tenants.  My most recent example is a tenant with two units adding another unit.  When searching for her name it shows up as orange/red indicating past tenant but the column for Current tenant has an X in it.  A few tests showed this with multiple unit tenants.  Also I have had trouble with long term tenants not pulling up. 

I would highly recommend your team research a "pre move" in process.  Thanks Julie

• JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Any updates or response to this? 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads