Is there an automated way to charge a 'declined' fee for auto cc charges that are declined?

Options
Each month we have several customers (usual suspects)) that have their cc declined. I want to implement a charge for the initial occurrence. Is this available in SiteLInk?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I don't believe there is any way to automate it because there is no event for a decline that would trigger the charge or letter.

Unfortunately, you'll need to do it one at a time.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi, @JamesMcKenzie. SiteLink doesn't have a way to automatically add a decline fee. There are alternate options but they require some diligence on your end. For example, create a past-due event with the desired fee that triggers the day after auto-bills are normally run (maybe 3 days past due). Then, compare that list with the declines and process to add a fee for them. Lastly, you'd process without fee for anyone else on the list. I hope this helps some! Thank you, Amy C.

Answers

• JamesMcKenzie
    JamesMcKenzie Registered User
    Options
    Thanks...I think this will solve things!
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Be sure the associated fee is mentioned in your auto pay enrollment document.  And your Rental Agreement if it includes language regarding auto pay.  Sitelink does generate fee for returned ACH payments.  But I haven't ever heard of anyone charging for declined cards on auto pay. 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JulieAton said:
    But I haven't ever heard of anyone charging for declined cards on auto pay. 
    This is the first site I didn't charge for declines.  I always charged $25 after the 3rd day declining, and then turned the auto pay off until we were provided with an alternate payment method.  It meant that it almost never happened.

At this property, they have always had it to just keep running day after day!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads