E-Sign Docs and Internet Explorer

Options
DSmith77
DSmith77 Registered User
One of our stores still has Internet Explorer opening e-sign docs and now they won't open to print because of an Adobe error. How do we get SiteLink to default to Microsoft Edge when opening the e-sign docs?

Comments

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    windows key+s (search), type "default", click on "default apps" (should be top left of the search window)
    scroll to the bottom of the new window and click "choose default apps by file type"
    scroll down to .pdf
    change it to the program you want to use.

That "should" work, I think.
  • DSmith77
    DSmith77 Registered User
    Options
    That didn't fix it. On my computer my default app shows google chrome and it still opens pdfs in SiteLink with Edge. Not sure why one of our stores still opens up e-docs in Explorer. It's a mystery that maybe only SiteLink tech support can solve. lol Thanks for your help!
  • DSmith77
    DSmith77 Registered User
    Options
    UPDATE: SiteLink tech support cannot fix this.
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just curious-
    Are you opening the document from the e-sign console or from the payment screen? Mine wont open anything from the console, but has no problem from emails or payment screen. We have 4 computers and mine is the only one with the issue. It also happens to be the oldest, so I don't think it is a Sitelink issue in my case.
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Open your Microsoft Edge and click the 3 dots at upper right. Go to settings, Default browser and make sure Edge is showing default.  Also check to let Explorer open in Edge and also check to Allow sites to be reloaded into Edge.  Hope this works!  It is how our setting are set.   
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi, @DSmith77.

SLWE explicitly opens IE for e-sign docs because it requires a specific interface. Microsoft has planned an end-of-life for IE coming soon and has said that it will automatically launch Edge instead. We're unaware of any Adobe problems with SiteLink e-sign and would love more info on this as this may be the root cause of the issues you're experiencing.

There are 2 workarounds:
    1 - When IE opens, there should be a new notice about the IE end-of-life and an option to launch Edge. That should open the doc in Edge as expected.  EDIT: this prompt only happens once, apparently. But in the "gear" icon menu, there is an option to open in Edge.

2 - Use myHub in Edge/Chrome to open & view docs from the eFile Management section.  

• aschmitt
    aschmitt Registered User, Daily Operations Certified
    Options
    Are there any updates on this issue that aren't a "workaround?"
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi, @aschmitt. We don't have any new updates on this issue and recommend following Microsoft's guidance (above). If you set up Edge, it will take over for Internet Explorer and things ought to run more smoothly for you. If you should need any help, we'd be happy to walk you through this. Just give us a call at 919-865-0789, Option 2. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads