Monthly Payments

Options
Is there any easy way to transition customers from monthly based on their anniversary date, to monthly, 1st of month?

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Company - Utilities - Edit Anniversary Billing Date 

Choose the customer, Edit.  Then select First of Month Billing on the right.  

It will create a partial rent amount due to cover from the current PTD to the 1st.  Once it's paid, they will be due on the 1st moving forward.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, @MamaDuke7, for helping @ministorage out with this one!

We'd also add that we can be commissioned to facilitate a bulk update for you (with about a month's notice) -- just get in touch with Sales Support, or your CSM, to set this up. If you're interested, I'd be happy to also put you in touch with someone directly. ~Amy C.

• ministorage
    ministorage Registered User
    Options
    Thank you, i am considering the ramifications of doing this.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Our Facility goes with Anniversary Date billing, mostly due to the number of tenants we have (800ish) We briefly considered switching to 1st of the month, but decided against it.

I think the biggest issue for us switching to 1st of the month would be the sheer amount of payments/business/moveouts/traffic/deposits etc.. all happening within a few days of each other rather then being spread out over the entire month. 

My issue with anniversary billing has to do with Tenants giving notice/moving out; Some tenants seem to automatically think their due date is the first, which has created friction with some move outs.

One thing to remember with the shifting due date method; the small prorated amount(s) generated must be paid prior to the next due date before the date "shifts" to the first.
    If it isn't paid, the original due date stands for another cycle (until that amount is paid or written off). 

Just my 2 cents.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads