Partial Social Security Numbers Not Allowed Anymore?

Options
rmason
rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
On page 2 of the tenant information sheet below the box for entry of the DL # and State we use to put *1234 for a partial SSN.  No one wants to give their full SSN.  Last few tries the *1234 got rejected by Sitelink and it wanted a 123-456-7890, the full number SSN entered in the space.  Is it just me or has something changed in Sitelink that I missed?

Comments

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you're talking about at tenant sign-up, you can edit your settings so it's not required so you don't have to fool with it at all. I tried to type in *1234 with an established tenant and it didn't even save it, I had to type in a full number to save. If you're not using the number for anything I would even bother with it. We even removed it from our paperwork to ask for it.
  • rmason
    rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Angela - thanks for the reply.  It's gone!
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello, we made changes to the way masking of PII is handled. However, you can still enter partial SSNs. To do this, please enter the digits without the asterisk (e.g. 1234 and not, *1234).
  • GlenMark
    GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    My question is.... why would you need SSN information on file?
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GlenMark said:
    My question is.... why would you need SSN information on file?
    I used to need it if I sent accounts to collections after the auction.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads