General storage sub-contractor question

I need to create a letter to send out to our sub-contractors who do scheduled maintenance to sign in and out so I can verify their work was actually done. I've only been here 4 months, but I saw some bills and I was like... umm.. I've never seen this company do anything here.  And I'm not paying for something that I can tell wasn't done.  Does anyone have a template letter for me to send going forward and I want to be sure it says, if you don't sign in and out, I'm not paying this bill.

Comments

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I created a Contractor Log in Word. I have sections for the date & time of arrival, service provided, technician's signature, and my initials. I have a separate monthly landscaping log that the lawn guys sign every time they get done with their start and finish times. Then I have another log for Pest control. The contractor log is who I use for anyone else who may come provide services (a/c techs, etc.).
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    ESS said:
    I created a Contractor Log in Word. I have sections for the date & time of arrival, service provided, technician's signature, and my initials. I have a separate monthly landscaping log that the lawn guys sign every time they get done with their start and finish times. Then I have another log for Pest control. The contractor log is who I use for anyone else who may come provide services (a/c techs, etc.).
    Sorry I misread! We don't have a letter for that. It's discussed with the contractors when they are hired.
    If you have a gate, you could also go in and change all of their codes so they can't access the property until the come in. Then you can hand them a letter or verbally tell them they'll need to sign in each time.
  • redwriter1
    redwriter1 Registered User
    Thanks Angela:  Yes I created the log as you suggested, I'm trying to word a letter or email to let them all know in the future what the rules are going to be.  I just didn't want it to sound threatening, but I want it to be firm.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads