Hardware options for Sitelink and myHub

Options
rmason
rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
With Sitelink Sales on terminal hold thought I'd ask here to get a quicker response.  Currently run Sitelink from home on my Windows PC, no problem.  Switching to a MAC at home and found Sitelink doesn't run on a MAC, only a Windows based PC.  Will myHub on my MAC fill in the voids?  Understand "they are working on it" to give it more capability.  Thoughts?  Solutions? Thanks!

Comments

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As far as I know, MyHub can probably handle most of the day to day stuff, but you will find a need to use Sitelink on Windows to handle setup changes, modify forms, manually create invoices, and other less common tasks. I haven't had to use MyHub in a while, so some of that may have changed.

It might be worthwhile to have a simple Windows device (like a tablet or laptop) just to handle Sitelink. Certain access control software (If you need it) will also need Sitelink running to integrate properly.
  • rmason
    rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    themage said:
    As far as I know, MyHub can probably handle most of the day to day stuff, but you will find a need to use Sitelink on Windows to handle setup changes, modify forms, manually create invoices, and other less common tasks. I haven't had to use MyHub in a while, so some of that may have changed.

It might be worthwhile to have a simple Windows device (like a tablet or laptop) just to handle Sitelink. Certain access control software (If you need it) will also need Sitelink running to integrate properly.
    That's what I figured too after looking at MyHub again, but it doesn't work as your only piece of hardware.  Thanks.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, @themage -- right, as usual! :)

Additionally @rmason, we'd offer that SiteLink Web Edition does need a Windows host environment. There are options for Mac users such as Parallels or Boot Camp.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads