How can I refund a reservation fee?

How can I refund a non-refundable reservation fee? I am a sole owner/operator and was hit with severe food poisoning. I was out of the office and unable to answer phones for 2 days. Figures that is when I get 2 online reservations - with fees paid. When I returned to office, I contacted the 1st customer right away to find that he needed the unit immediately and had to get a unit at another location. Our fee is normally non-refundable, but it was because I was out that he was unable to rent. I would like to refund his fee.

The 2nd reservation is for June 13th!! My system is set for reservations to be held for 5 days. I certainly can't hold it for 2 months! Does anyone know what wording customers see when making the reservation? I will ask if he wants to secure/rent the unit now, but would like to know what he saw when he made the reservation.

Answers

• AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know of a way unless you go outside of Storable to your merchant service site and refund it there.  You can manually add it to your ledger when you do your daily close in the refund section to balance out.  @storable_support is there another way?
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, @AdditionalAttic. This can be done by treating it as a Merchandise Refund. This is a non-standard backdoor to refunding various fees. If you should need Support to walk you through this, we'd be more than happy to! 919-865-0789, Option 2

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads