What credit card readers are compatible with Sitelink?

MegumiM
MegumiM Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
We are currently using a cheap credit card reader that only uses the swipe feature. We're wanting to upgrade with the changing times to allow swipe, chip, and contactless pay. Does anyone know of one that does all three with no fees?

Best Answers

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Sitelink has been working on it. Last I heard was they would have something by late this quarter.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    themage said:
    Sitelink has been working on it. Last I heard was they would have something by late this quarter.
    I hope so, they've been working on it for a few years now.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello, we don't have an update on when to expect this feature yet, but I can assure you it's in the pipeline. 

Answers

• BrendaSchools
    BrendaSchools Registered User
    Any recommendations on a credit card reader that is compatible with Sitelink? Does Storable have any update on the status of them offering this feature?
  • MegumiM
    MegumiM Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭
    @BrendaSchools I was told any swipe card reader that has USB connectivity should work. We ordered it off Amazon. The brand we got is called MagTek and we didn't have to download anything, just plugged it up and it worked.
  • AdditionalAttic
    AdditionalAttic Registered User ✭✭✭
    MegumiM said:
    @BrendaSchools I was told any swipe card reader that has USB connectivity should work. We ordered it off Amazon. The brand we got is called MagTek and we didn't have to download anything, just plugged it up and it worked.
    How is the MagTek reader working for you with Sitelink? Any issues?

Did you get one that also does tap/applepay/googlepay?
  • MegumiM
    Is there an option for apple pay?
  • flyacre
    flyacre Registered User
    themage said:
    They've been saying that for like 5 years. I won't be holding my breath.
  • MegumiM
    So apple pay is not compatible with sitelink as of right now. 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    MegumiM said:
    So apple pay is not compatible with sitelink as of right now. 
    No
  • AdditionalAttic
    AdditionalAttic Registered User ✭✭✭
    @MegumiM Did you find anything that did the EMV contact/contactless?
  • MegumiM
    I did not. I wasn't sure who to contact. We just wanted to see if there was a way to get a payment processor where we can do chip, slide, or tap pay if that was possible. 
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    flyacre said:
    themage said:
    They've been saying that for like 5 years. I won't be holding my breath.
    How much do you want to bet that they are "working" on a card reader they will lease to us for a "low monthly fee", and it will be the only one recommended by them?

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads