Credit card processing company switched by Sitelink ???

Options
rmason
rmason Registered User ✭✭✭
Sitelink tech support in answer to my question "Why do I have 445 "AVS Missing Information" reminders on my computer this morning he said, "It looks like Sitelink moved you over to Storable Support (not sure of correct name) for processing your credit cards."  Seem to recall a long string of discussion, less than favorable, on this forum about this happening to many.  Any info direction on this will be appreciated.  Thanks.

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We switched about a year and a half ago.  There were a couple glitches right at first.  But we've been happy with them once those were ironed out.
  • rmason
    Options
    In our case we did not switch, but were switched by Sitelink according to Sitelink tech rep.  He said there was no going back, and we didn't have a vote in the matter.  What was broken that this switch fixed? 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, they are requiring everyone to switch.  We were part of the first wave of those required.  We had no choice, but we had lots of notice and knew it was coming.
  • rmason
    Options
    Thanks, guess those at the end of the line get no notice.  Between my two locations got over 800 that needs fixin'.
  • ShedStuff
    ShedStuff Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    We have very similar issues with Storable also since the switch back in November still need to be resolved!
    Its frustrating to us but more importantly our tenants. Tenants encounter problems making payments, system not able to hold CC for autochg if CC info has changed , CV2 issues and the list goes on .....
    Storable doesn't really want to take responsibility ! I'm very unhappy with their customer service, lack of admitting that they've got issues with this switch ! 
  • rmason
    Options
    Agree 100%.  Being in management and customer support for over 55 years (and yes, I'm still working and enjoying the customer contact) my first question I've always asked is, "What's broken that we're trying to fix?" and secondly "How does this fix impact our customers?".  Still waiting for someone in Sitelink to step up and provide the answers . . . but I'm not holding my breath.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi, @rmason. It seems as though you are not setup to receive our emails and therefore, didn't get our notices of this change. I'd be happy to add you to our distribution list so that you don't miss any future notifications. Please send me a message with the address you'd like to use and I can immediately take care of this. 

Regarding, our 'why' on migrating all SiteLink users to Storable Payments, there are many reasons outlined here. My $0.02 is that the decision really came down to improving facility/tenant data security with tokenization as this is such a huge risk for operators of all sizes. 

We know change is hard and regret that you didn't receive the advanced notice that would have helped you be better prepared for such a change. These kinds of surprises are definitely not fun! Please let me know if I can add you to the email distribution list. Thank you, Amy C. 
  • rmason
    Options
    Thanks for your reply.  How do I private msg you with my contact information?

• storable_support
    Options
    Hi, @rmason. I just sent you a message. You should see the little envelope on the top-right show a red dot. If not, just refresh your screen and reply from there. Thank you!
  • rmason
    Options

Tried to move out a tenant and put refund back on his credit card.  System told me credit card info invalid.  Called Sitelink support.  Level 1 couldn’t help, passed me to level 2.  Level 2 couldn’t help.  Passed me to Merchant Services.  MS rep couldn’t help, asked her supervisor.  After 45 minutes online here’s their answer, or words to the effect, “refunds to credit cards used under the old system (before Storable) cannot be processed under Storable.  You must write them a refund check.”  My next question would be – so if I took one payment under your new system, then I could refund back to the same credit card I used under the old system?  Silence is deafening!

• MamaDuke7
    Options
    Yes, if the card is used on Storable, you can refund to the card.  They just don't have access to a card used on another company's system.
  • storable_support
    Options
    Hi, @rmason. We're so sorry that your call was shuffled around and you weren't provided a clear answer. @MamaDuke7 is correct (thank you, Paula). Once you begin taking payments through Storable Payments, refunds can be made. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and trouble. ~Amy C. 
  • BusyProperties
    BusyProperties Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    For those of you that have dealt with this, do you have a checklist or any pointers to help those of us out that will be in the next round? Thank you in advance! 
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For those of you that have dealt with this, do you have a checklist or any pointers to help those of us out that will be in the next round? Thank you in advance! 
    A month before we had to switch, I sent out a blast email to all tenants and attached a Change of Address form. I asked them all to update their billing address with us via the form or just by replying so I could get them updated to lessen any errors we may have. I advised whether they just have one on file or on autopay, we needed them to update it. To throw in a sense of importance, I let them know we would be switching card processing companies. Other than that, it's kind of a hit or miss with any errors and you just play around with it to see how you can get it working. I also suggest utilizing the autopay form if you don't already just so you can have the full card number in front of you if a tenant walks out/hangs up before you get it updated. I used to be able to just swipe the card and know it would be successfully saved, that is not the case anymore as I've been hit with invalid messages, etc. and had to keep trying before it would save. Always get the CVV! If you have cards decline, it's not always a true decline. Give your tenant the benefit of the doubt and try different ways of processing it (swipe vs type in, autopay vs manual process). That's all I can think of right now, but the most important part will be making sure you have all of your tenants' information up-to-date.
  • rmason
    Options
    First day we were switched (without warning) to Storable Payments we had over 800 credit card mismatches between our two facilities.  Were able to solve most of them by following the instructions given under Reminders.  Now as we go after the remaining 210 we have developed a form listing all the required information.  We also use this form for those who weren't in the Reminders  but call in for a cc payment.  Find following the same procedure for Card B that worked on Card A doesn't always work either.  Always a new adventure around each corner.  Hopefully SOON they will find and fix all those bugs.  Wonder if it was test driven before its release.
  • helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I voluntarily switched to Storable Payments yesterday after running June autopay with SMS.  Figured I would get all my payments first before tackling the transition.  Looks like I have 200 Mismatched AVS cards to contend with. (Out of 800 total.) I will begin by going thru each tenant individually and rechecking their AVS.  That should get rid of a bunch of them.  Then an email to those tenants who are still mismatched due to incorrect addresses or CVV codes.  Then calls or texts to the remaining ones.  I figure by the next billing cycle I should have it all updated.
    I have gotten some interesting automated responses as I start this.  For example, Invalid Card Number and Address Does Not Match.  Considering I just ran these cards 4 days ago and they were approved, I am wondering what's up.
    Also, many times I have received an Incorrect CVV message when the tenant has told me the CVV number at that moment.
    So, there are some bugs here.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    helenatim said:
    I voluntarily switched to Storable Payments yesterday after running June autopay with SMS.  Figured I would get all my payments first before tackling the transition.  Looks like I have 200 Mismatched AVS cards to contend with. (Out of 800 total.) I will begin by going thru each tenant individually and rechecking their AVS.  That should get rid of a bunch of them.  Then an email to those tenants who are still mismatched due to incorrect addresses or CVV codes.  Then calls or texts to the remaining ones.  I figure by the next billing cycle I should have it all updated.
    I have gotten some interesting automated responses as I start this.  For example, Invalid Card Number and Address Does Not Match.  Considering I just ran these cards 4 days ago and they were approved, I am wondering what's up.
    Also, many times I have received an Incorrect CVV message when the tenant has told me the CVV number at that moment.
    I have tenants that have lived at their address for several years, there is a receptacle so no po box, and SL still says it's a mismatch so I'm not sure how to get around that besides just running them with "wrong" avs. It's the exact address on their credit card and bank statements. I currently have over 50 that SL says is wrong.
  • rmason
    Options
    Down to 7 from 445!!  Haven't had this much fun since last time to the dentist!!
  • helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    After my first run-through, I have 215 AVS Mismatch and 15 Missing AVS Info. Looks like its time to send out an email and get some updated info from tenants.
  • sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    ESS said:
    helenatim said:
    I have tenants that have lived at their address for several years, there is a receptacle so no po box, and SL still says it's a mismatch so I'm not sure how to get around that besides just running them with "wrong" avs. It's the exact address on their credit card and bank statements. I currently have over 50 that SL says is wrong.
    SAME! I just had 4 people update their addresses that were on my list, and then the reminders list increased by 4, what the heck? I am hoping by the time I run these payments it corrects itself. 
  • BusyProperties
    Options
    We were supposed to be switched over on 7/14 so I went in today to activate it since it is end of cycle for sitelink merchant services. Out of 615, I only had 4 that were missing AVS. I know that is too good to be true and am expecting quite a bit tomorrow when I come in. We have not done ACH before but I do see a tab in my reminders for ACH Get Returns. Can anyone let me know what it is for?  
  • ESS
    Options
    We have not done ACH before but I do see a tab in my reminders for ACH Get Returns. Can anyone let me know what it is for?  
    Ours has said that for years and we don't even use ACH (we used SBOA until Jan, so I don't think it has anything to do with SP). It's not even selected in our settings. It's just another annoying reminder we can't dismiss. Welcome to the club lol
  • ESS
    Options
    I have noticed one cool thing about SP, you can check the AVS when you enter their card info on the spot. However, still remains that their system is saying so many are wrong here when they are in fact my tenant's addresses.
  • GlenMark
    GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    rmason said:
    In our case we did not switch, but were switched by Sitelink according to Sitelink tech rep.  He said there was no going back, and we didn't have a vote in the matter.  What was broken that this switch fixed? 
    Yes, we didn't want to switch but were not given a choice. I am not happy with the new Storable.
  • BusyProperties
    Options
    First time I had to refund a CC transaction :/ When I tried to process in Sitelink it asked for the auth code for offline trans?? SO I got on myhub and processed a refund. Can anyone help me get it voided in Sitelink? Thank you in advance. 
  • storable_support
    Options
    @BusyProperties - Here is a link that might have what you are looking for: https://storageforum.sitelink.com/discussion/2805/how-do-i-void-or-refund-a-payment-when-using-storable-payments. If you need help troubleshooting, give our support team a call at 919-865-0789 Option 2. -Lyndsey H

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads