Refund Security Deposit for Existing Tenant?

Options
teesee150
teesee150 Registered User ✭✭✭
We are currently in the process of expanding and while I was setting up units, someone managed to rent one of our new units before I had everything set correct in Sitelink. Tenant was charged a $100 security deposit that he was not supposed to be charged. Is there anyway to issue a refund for just the security deposit while the customer is still an active tenant? 

We have never used security deposits and I'm at a total lost trying to figure out how to issue a simple refund.

Comments

• AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If no daily close, you can void the transaction.  If after daily close, the only way to clear it is to do a move out.  I have seen suggestions that you could apply the $100 as a credit towards the next month's rent. 
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If no daily close, you can void the transaction.  If after daily close, the only way to clear it is to do a move out.  I have seen suggestions that you could apply the $100 as a credit towards the next month's rent. 
    Hi, @teesee150. Security Deposits can only be returned at move-out. However, @AnitaJohnson1269's options are viable!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads