SiteLink Access Control

GlenMark
GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
How many of you are using SiteLink's ACCESS CONTROL? Is it similar in application to PTI? And by that, I mean do you have full control over updating codes, syncing codes to individual door alarms, and being able to access a phone app that shows real time facility access and triggered alarms?

I know there is a wealth of information on here regarding ACCESS CONTROL. I will get around to reading through it when I can. We have been using PTI forever and are finding ourselves less inclined to want to continue using the brand's software/apps. However, right now, they have everything we need to run our facility securely. If SiteLink's ACCESS CONTROL does everything PTI does, it might be a better, more seamless fit for us.

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Check out the other forum , there are a few users over there! Just search "access control" and that will show most of the threads about them.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, @GlenMark. I know you're interested in hearing feedback from other users directly, so I won't interject. Just wanted to let you know if you should have any additional questions or would like to speak with someone, I'd be happy to help make that happen. ~Amy C.
  • Drew
    Drew Registered User ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Drew, I'm sorry for any frustration that you have been experiencing with Access Control. I've passed this onto our support team and they will be reaching out to you directly to help you troubleshoot and get things fixed. -Lyndsey H.
  • GlenMark
    GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
    @Drew, thank you for the insight. 
  • helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    I have been using Storable Access Control since late January at three facilities.  I replace PTI's cloud system due to the ever increasing difficulty in getting service and support from PTI.  And a desire to have seamless online rentals.
    The changeover of equipment wasn't too bad.  Had to pull a new wire to the entry keypad which my gate/fence technicians handled with ease.  Cost about $500 per facility to get it done.
    The changeover of technology was pretty much instant and the gates are operating flawlessly.
    The integration of Access to SL Web Edition has had a few hiccups, all of which have been addressed promptly.  And the upgrades are happening pretty regularly. The one I am waiting for will allow tenants to choose their own gate code when renting online.
    I cannot emphasize enough how happy I am with ACCESS.  It works smoothly.  But if their is a problem, I am always able to get tech support when needed.  (Thanks again Mike Buck ;))  And the continuing improvement to the system is great.
  • LADYLIFT1
    LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
    We recently went with access control
    The issue I have, I have a couple of gates that go into diff areas also ac buildings, Once they have a gate code they have access to everything.  They say they will be updating this, but this is an issue for me
  • LADYLIFT1
    LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
    We also had digigate the only reason we switch is we were hit by lightning and trying to get help or parts forget about it.   If it was still working, we would not have switched. And we would not go with PTI because their support is so bad
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    LADYLIFT1 said:
    We recently went with access control
    The issue I have, I have a couple of gates that go into diff areas also ac buildings, Once they have a gate code they have access to everything.  They say they will be updating this, but this is an issue for me
    I don't blame you! I like keeping tenants in the areas they're supposed to be. They know if they get denied into a building, they're at the wrong building (or shouldn't be inside a building at all)
  • sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    Ever since PTI switched to the Cloud version my gate log has been a real nightmare, my pop up notifications don't tell you if an alarm has gone off, you have to literally go to the page, and look to see if you have any new alarms, who has time for that? Also it does not alert us to do it. I have had a trouble ticket in since February, they recently replied and asked how they did!!!! LOL this is now the worst system on the planet, they do not provide ANY support at all. My desktop version was working so well until they made the switch, it has cost us a lot to get it running correctly and now none of us want it anymore. I literally asked them "how can you call yourselves PTI SECURITY when you have removed the security part from the program???" I have been watching and waiting to see how SiteLink Access Control is doing for everyone else. I can't believe in this day and age, there isn't a seamless security system for gate access. 
  • igotthisnow
    igotthisnow Registered User ✭✭✭
    sonyawiprud.....AMEN!
  • helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Ever since PTI switched to the Cloud version my gate log has been a real nightmare, my pop up notifications don't tell you if an alarm has gone off, you have to literally go to the page, and look to see if you have any new alarms, who has time for that? Also it does not alert us to do it. I have had a trouble ticket in since February, they recently replied and asked how they did!!!! LOL this is now the worst system on the planet, they do not provide ANY support at all. My desktop version was working so well until they made the switch, it has cost us a lot to get it running correctly and now none of us want it anymore. I literally asked them "how can you call yourselves PTI SECURITY when you have removed the security part from the program???" I have been watching and waiting to see how SiteLink Access Control is doing for everyone else. I can't believe in this day and age, there isn't a seamless security system for gate access. 
    I can't comment on the Alarm aspect of gate control, but I can tell you that Access Control has been working well for me so far. Still a few bugs being worked out, but at least I can talk to tech support by phone and email and get answers.  Really glad to have PTI in the rearview mirror.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Access Control doesn't support individual door alarms.  It's one of the reasons we haven't gone with them.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads