HOW THE NEXT MARKET CORRECTION COULD IMPACT THE SELF-STORAGE INDUSTRY
I hope you'll find it as valuable and informative as I did ~Amy C.
LINK TO THE FULL ARTICLE ON THE STORABLE WEBSITE
What would a market correction mean for the self-storage industry?
Self-storage has seen its ups and downs before. During the 2008 crash, the industry proved its recession-resilient bonafides and came out of the downturn stronger than ever.
Another hit came in mid-2020 with the arrival of COVID-19, but self-storage has been on a rally since the initial shock of the pandemic response wore off.
But there are some signs that tougher times could be ahead. One sign is the recent selloff of publicly-traded self-storage stocks following the Q1 2022 earnings, which suggests that investors’ enthusiasm for the sector is waning in light of the overall macroeconomic landscape.
The recent self-storage sector slump coincides with an overall slide in the REIT sector of 15 percent since the start of the year, however fundamentals in storage are strong. The Big 5 storage REITs command record-high occupancies going into the spring leasing season, and rental rates appear to be holding firm near record highs. However, overall fears of a recession is making some investors skittish—and some may feel that the COVID-19 boost enjoyed by the sector is coming to an end.
- All Categories
- 34 What's New
- 4 Storable Payments: What's new
- 55 Lead to Lease
- 27 Price Optimization
- 11 Gate setup and Access Control
- 6 Email setup and troubleshooting
- 2 Software Setup
- 2 Unit Setup
- 11 Basic Operations FAQs
- 14 Advanced Operations FAQs
- 18 Billing and Accounting
- 5 Troubleshooting
- 6 Reports
- 98 Training Videos
- 6 Other Resources
- Self-Storage Operations
- 72 Starting Out in Self-Storage
- 3 3rd Party Management
- 219 Regional Discussions
- 182 Miscellaneous Discussions
- 38 Industry Webinars
- 62 Self-Storage Website Design & Listing Services
- 31 Credit Cards & Payment Processing
- 32 Self-Storage Call Centers & Kiosks
- 48 Notifications, SMS & Phone Integrations
- 92 Self-Storage Insurance, Legal & Auctions
- 11 Self-Storage Revenue Management & Analytics
- 21 Gates & Access for Self-Storage Facilities
- 7 Ancillary Services for Self-Storage Facilites
- Self-Storage Times
- 64 News
- 31 Opinion
- 149 Lifestyle