How do I change a cash payment to a credit card payment after it has been processed.

Options
sdgr35
sdgr35 Registered User ✭✭
I took a payment and selected cash by mistake. It needs to be made as a credit card payment. under ledger adjustments it asked me if I want to refund customer if i void the receipt.  there is no refund for the customer. 

Best Answer

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You could void it or NSF it. If you void it, refund it so the ledger balances and then dismiss the refund as unowed (obviously don't give any cash to the customer), then process the credit card payment if it hasn't already been.

I think.

Answers

• storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi, @sdgr35. In general, you cannot alter the payment method of an existing receipt. You should undo the payment (in whatever method is cleanest or most relevant to you) and then re-enter it with the desired payment type. @themage's suggestion is one possible option (thanks, Mage!) ~Amy C. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads