SiteLink updating Gate Software

Options
Hi - need some clarification on SiteLink vs DoorKing software. I have web edition on my computer as well as the DoorKing software. My understanding was I need to have the computer on constantly and SiteLink open/DoorKing closed for updates to send automatically to gate. Yesterday, I was gone 12 hours and SiteLink web edition didn't update the gate. The Call Center was taking payments and a tenant with a zero balance was still locked out. Came home and refreshed local cache and sent a gate update - and all was fixed.

However, I'm not home all day - I work full time. SiteLink times out/logs me off after 300 minutes. That's max setting. If it logs off - does it still update the gate if the call center is taking calls and payments? Last night with support, we unchecked the box in that said to ensure this computer is logged in to send updates. This is our only location. 

But - if it logs out at 300 minutes and I'm the only one with gate software on my computer - will the call center payments still update Web edition and subsequently DoorKing? They don't have DoorKing on their computers. 

Comments

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Under "Access Setup", make sure "Update the gate for remote transactions" is turned on. Sitelink will then check the servers for access changes every few minutes and update the gate as necessary.

This will (should) still work after sitelink automatically logs out.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @vikki, SiteLink will continue to process gate updates in the background even when you are logged out. Just like @themage stated, you need to have the "update for remote transactions" setting enabled in the setup screen on the one computer that has DoorKing software. If DoorKing is not getting updated for online/call center transactions, then you will want to contact support to go over their setup in both Sitelink and DoorKing at 919-865-0789 Option 2. -Lyndsey H.
  • helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Does Access Setup>Update Gate>All Tenants still send an update to the gate? None of my 3 gates have shown any activity since the evening of 6/17. And no new tenant codes are working or allowing access tenants who have made payments. 
  • LADYLIFT1
    LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ours isn't working either and I've been on hold for 13 minutes
  • LADYLIFT1
    LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    After 32 minutes they think it might be a bug. Still not working
  • helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Anything working yet?
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hello everyone. This was a bug that we experienced this weekend and I apologize for any inconveniences that this caused. We resolved the issue with tenants not being granted access that started on Saturday and we should start to see tenants syncing and being granted access to the facility. Unfortunately, gate activity for the last 3 days will not be available in the database. In the event that you absolutely need the data, our support team can provide it. -Lyndsey H.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads