Why are two unconnected units linked?

mistore
mistore Registered User ✭✭
I've got a weird thing going on that I can't figure out... I have Sitelink, with PTI gate control.

Tenant A has been here for a couple years, and has one unit.
Tenant B has been here for about a year, and has two units.

They are sisters, with the same last name, but beyond that, they have no similar rental information. Different addresses, different phone numbers, different gate codes; they are not listed on each others accounts at all.

The issue, is Tenant A was due today (three day gate access window), and Tenant B is late and locked out of the gate. 

Tenant A's gate code would not work. Digging in to it, the PTI system has them listed as "restricted" from access. It further has one of Tenant B's units listed on Tenant A's, which means Tenant B's delinquency was the reason. I can manually remove that restriction, and their gate code works, but if I do an "Update Gate" for all tenants in Sitelink, it pushes that same restriction back into PTI. This shows that there is some linkage in Sitelink that is informing the PTI gate access? 

I can't find anything that would connect one unrelated unit together with this one?  Is there some linkage, or setting, that I'm not finding? If Sitelink only shows them attached to one unit, why is it pushing information from a second unit to the PTI software?

Best Answer

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Did you look on the Access screen for both units?  Perhaps one of them has the other one added for access.  That would cause this issue.

I did once have 2 customers named John Bell, and PTI took it upon itself to link them.  I added a middle name to one of them and unlinked them.

In PTI, you should be able to "vacate" the ones that don't belong with the others, then do another gate update and have it populate correctly as long as they don't have linked access in Sitelink.

Answers

• mistore
    MamaDuke7 said:

In PTI, you should be able to "vacate" the ones that don't belong with the others, then do another gate update and have it populate correctly as long as they don't have linked access in Sitelink.
    Well, that is exactly what I did, and it worked! How odd. 

I can (kinda) see your situation, with the exact same names, but in my situation, they had completely different first names.
  • mistore
    Now I feel I need to go through and spot check any other tenants with the same last names...

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads