How do I find AVS mismatches?

Options
sonyawiprud
sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
My task list says I have 3 AVS mismatches, but it prints out 26 pages and shows several "no match" and "not checked". Where can I see the 3 that need to be fixed?
We started asking for updated addresses from customers, and that increased the mismatches tally as we updated! We also noticed that it will report as a mismatch if the customer uses N. instead of North, etc. Is it really that picky? I have customers who's address has not changed and the report says "no match". 
Tagged:

Best Answers

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    That's the issue...My report has 42 marked as "No Match". However, on my Reminders screen it says AVS Mismatches 5. Then follows the issue of correcting the addresses: These tenants have verified all of the address in my credit card roll so they are a match, SL kicks them back as no match tho.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello everyone, we are aware of this issue and are currently working on a fix. If you need support in the meantime, please call 919-865-0789 Option 2. -Lyndsey H.

Answers

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At this point, I'm as lost as you. We show 5, however, my report shows 42. Same situation, I've seen proof that my tenants live and receive their billing mail at that address and they still get marked as mismatches. I've given up on trying to correct them or clear the reminder.
  • GM_SJ_BSS
    GM_SJ_BSS Registered User ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @sonyawiprud  on the report, it's been a while, but I believe it's the 'no match'   the 'not check' is when a card was put on autopay and the AVS was never checked.  Pull up the report under reminders, go into the  'No Match' accounts.  open the ledger settings on the account, go into Edit Autopay, clear out any address and zip code in there and enter the new address and zip (the billing address can be different then someone's mailing address, so make sure when you call the tenant you are asking for the billing address to the credit card and I usually will ask if this is their current mailing address as well- this way it gets changed in the appropriate areas in sitelink  .  I made the mistake once and when speaking with a tenant, and asked for the billing address to the CC, I entered it also as her mailing address....oops   needless to say, she was not getting any important notices from us which can be a big issue if sending out Rate Increase/Cut Lock/Lien notices... Anyhow, Once you enter the new billing address click on the Verify AVS, that will let you know if it's match.  Make sure you click 'OK' on the ledger setting screen to save new info.   I believe the ones that say not checked, I would go into the tenant account(s), then ledger settings, edit autopay etc...click on Auto Fill Tenant's address, then click on 'Verify AVS', if it's a match your good, just click on the 'OK' to SAVE.  If it doesn't match, we contact the tenant and update their files.  Also not sure if your aware, by verifying the AVS, the credit card processor charges a lesser fee to us for the credit card payment.  When the AVS are not checked or no match etc.  they charge a higher processing fee to us...yikes don't want that....lol     Hope this helps
  • GrayKirk28540
    GrayKirk28540 Registered User
    Options
    Hi.  I was able to figure this one out:

When you print the AVS report, go into one of the "NO MATCH" accounts
    Click on LEDGER SETTINGS
    Under AUTO BILL, select EDIT
    There you will find the ADDRESS VERIFICATION SERVICES (AVS) and can get the correct billing address from the customer.

• sonyawiprud
    Options
    GM_SJ_BSS said:
    @sonyawiprud  on the report, it's been a while, but I believe it's the 'no match'   the 'not check' is when a card was put on autopay and the AVS was never checked.  Pull up the report under reminders, go into the  'No Match' accounts.  open the ledger settings on the account, go into Edit Autopay, clear out any address and zip code in there and enter the new address and zip (the billing address can be different then someone's mailing address, so make sure when you call the tenant you are asking for the billing address to the credit card and I usually will ask if this is their current mailing address as well- this way it gets changed in the appropriate areas in sitelink  .  I made the mistake once and when speaking with a tenant, and asked for the billing address to the CC, I entered it also as her mailing address....oops   needless to say, she was not getting any important notices from us which can be a big issue if sending out Rate Increase/Cut Lock/Lien notices... Anyhow, Once you enter the new billing address click on the Verify AVS, that will let you know if it's match.  Make sure you click 'OK' on the ledger setting screen to save new info.   I believe the ones that say not checked, I would go into the tenant account(s), then ledger settings, edit autopay etc...click on Auto Fill Tenant's address, then click on 'Verify AVS', if it's a match your good, just click on the 'OK' to SAVE.  If it doesn't match, we contact the tenant and update their files.  Also not sure if your aware, by verifying the AVS, the credit card processor charges a lesser fee to us for the credit card payment.  When the AVS are not checked or no match etc.  they charge a higher processing fee to us...yikes don't want that....lol     Hope this helps
    Hi, Unfortunately the process is not the issue, the issue is that it is not updating correctly, it looks like SLC finally caught my question and found it is a known issue, but thank you for trying. 
  • sonyawiprud
    Options
    Hi.  I was able to figure this one out:

When you print the AVS report, go into one of the "NO MATCH" accounts
    Click on LEDGER SETTINGS
    Under AUTO BILL, select EDIT
    There you will find the ADDRESS VERIFICATION SERVICES (AVS) and can get the correct billing address from the customer.

Hi, Unfortunately the process is not the issue, the issue is that it is not updating correctly, it looks like SLC finally caught my question and found it is a known issue, but thank you for trying. 
  • sonyawiprud
    Options
    Hello everyone, we are aware of this issue and are currently working on a fix. If you need support in the meantime, please call 919-865-0789 Option 2. -Lyndsey H.
    Any idea when this will be resolved? 
  • sonyawiprud
    Options
    Any idea when this will be resolved? 
    Still waiting for AVS mismatches to be accurate, and now my workaround has even been blocked. Please let me know when this will be resolved. 
  • sonyawiprud
    Options

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads