Refunds in Storable Payments

Options
helenatim
helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
Having some refund problems.
A tenant rented a unit with a move-in date 5 days from today. Then realized they didn't need the unit.  So I did the Move-out and tried to send a refund to their card.  Storable says I cant send a refund until their scheduled Move-in day.  So now I am holding their money for 5 days.  And I have to remember in five days to do this refund.
I have also had a couple of tenants accidentally make double payments due to errors in processing. I have been unable to issue those refunds because the transactions are still Pending according to Storable.  But they are NOT pending.  The money has transferred.
Storable Payments- please loosen up these restrictions on refunds. You are preventing me from performing the level of customer service that I require.
And its really annoying to have to issue refunds by check because this credit card processor is doing it wrong.

Comments

• storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hi @helenatim, The first issue you mentioned is an inherent risk in allowing future move-ins. One possible option is to contact support at 512-886-1840 to turn back the move-in date. Though, please note that will have some ripple effects of its own. Future move-ins should be used sparingly and for special circumstances -- e.g. store staff going on vacation and being unavailable on move-in day to prevent things like this happening. -Lyndsey H
  • helenatim
    Options
    I have always done future reservations and move-ins. I want them to book the unit and pay as early as possible.  I'll have to look at my terms on refunds differently.  thanks.
  • helenatim
    Options
    How about the second issue? I cant issue any refunds on double payments or pro-rated move-outs.  Storable Payments says something like " Cannot issue refund. Check to see if payment has been verified."
    Where do I check? And if it has been verified, how do I get around this error message?  Had to mail out 4 refund checks today. 
  • helenatim
    Options
    Just had a move-out this morning 7/14.  Tenant had paid her July rent and Late fee on 7/12 through the website. Storable Payments says:  "Payment failed to process.  Credit could not be processed."  Any idea why this wouldnt process?
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • cashgloria
    cashgloria Registered User
    Options
    I'm having the exact problem with storable payments.  I can not issue proration refunds at move out!  Please help!  I'm not a happy camper about this new storable payment thing - never had problems with payeezy!
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I do not like sending out checks.  There are some tenants that I don't want to have my routing/account number etc.  I have always been able to process refunds on cards.  The last few weeks I get an error message that says CREDIT VOL EXCEEDED  I use paya through SBOA. Any suggestions?  I processed one on 8/1 just fine. Had another 8/1 that I got the error.  And another this morning. 
  • GlenMark
    GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Heh... glad see I am not the only one who isn't happy with Storable and their "updates." We can no longer refund security deposits via credit card. Every time I have tried, I get the "Transaction Not Captured" box popping up, informing me that "Payment failed to process. Credit could not be processed." This on cards that have been on file for automatic payment for quite a while.

Now we have gone back to issuing checks for refunds, which we did not want to do. People liked having money go back on their cards. It was quick and easy.

It wasn't broken, so why "fix" it?
  • teesee150
    teesee150 Registered User ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Storable and Storable Payments has been an absolute sh!t show since we were forced to migrate over. Seriously considering leaving Sitelink over all these stupid problems. Last time I needed something simple from support, took almost a week to get a response.
  • DSA
    DSA Registered User
    Options
    I was getting a pop up saying the payment failed etc. but today, I am not getting anything, and the refund isn't doing anything at all when I try to refund to the card on file. No error message, just normal screen and nothing happens.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DSA said:
    I was getting a pop up saying the payment failed etc. but today, I am not getting anything, and the refund isn't doing anything at all when I try to refund to the card on file. No error message, just normal screen and nothing happens.
    That happened to me yesterday.  Then I went into MyHub and processed it with no issue!  Give that a try.
  • storable_support
    Options
    Hi everyone, please note that we are aware of this issue and are working on a fix. We'll post updates on status.sitelink.com. -Lyndsey H
  • helenatim
    Options
    Refunds are not working today.  I am trying to process refunds for tenants who had an autopay go thru yesterday and Moved out today. What's going on storable_support?
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's been an issue for a few days.  I made it work on MyHub.
  • TSC
    TSC Registered User
    Options
    Our RA terms clearly states the following:
    Any move out after the 1st day of the month is responsible for a full month rent.
    You must give ten days notice to avoid auto charge.
    NO REFUNDS
    We do pre-leasing quite often & have the e-sign option for online rentals.
    Tenants pay before signing which is the only thing that should be reversed.
    In any case I average one or two refunds a year in special circumstances.
    If you choose to prorate tenants it's best to have them pay during move out.

• helenatim
    Options
    TSC said:
    Our RA terms clearly states the following:
    Any move out after the 1st day of the month is responsible for a full month rent.
    You must give ten days notice to avoid auto charge.
    NO REFUNDS
    We do pre-leasing quite often & have the e-sign option for online rentals.
    Tenants pay before signing which is the only thing that should be reversed.
    In any case I average one or two refunds a year in special circumstances.
    If you choose to prorate tenants it's best to have them pay during move out.

My Rental Agreement says all the same things, but in special instances, I will refund a pro-rated amount.  In these cases, I knew the tenants would be leaving early in the month but not when.  
    The point is not what the RA says, its that Storable is not doing what it is supposed to do.  And I'm not planning on quitting SL or Storable, just making sure they know what isn't working so they can fix it.  Pretty sure other software systems have similar problems, especially if Management, CC processing and gate control are all together.
  • helenatim
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:
    That's been an issue for a few days.  I made it work on MyHub.
    How? I rarely use MyHub, but I just went there to try and do a couple of refunds that I cant get done thru SL.  Is it under Ledger Adjustments?
  • MamaDuke7
    Options
    Yes, under ledger adjustments.
  • helenatim
    Options
    I am just not seeing it there.  I open Ledger Adjustments for the moved-out Tenant, and there is nothing about Refunds. Help...
  • MamaDuke7
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I don't have any refunds due right now, so I can't replicate the process.

@storable_support HELP!!!  :D
  • storable_support
    Options
    @helenatim - I believe @MamaDuke7 is referring to voiding a receipt and then issuing the refund. If a refund has already been generated and is pending on a moved-out account, that cannot be issued thru myHub currently. 
  • helenatim
    Options
    @helenatim - I believe @MamaDuke7 is referring to voiding a receipt and then issuing the refund. If a refund has already been generated and is pending on a moved-out account, that cannot be issued thru myHub currently. 
    Thanks. That is exactly the situation. The refunds are pending in Web Edition ,so they don't appear in myHub.
    Any idea why the refunds are not processing in Web Edition.  The card info is there, but I push the button and nothing happens.  Is this getting worked on?
  • MamaDuke7
    Options
    Hmmm.  I would have sworn I did it with a move out refund.  Sorry @helenatim
  • storable_support
    Options
    @helenatim - this is a known issue and it is being worked on. 
  • MamaDuke7
    Options
    Update on mine....the one I did a couple weeks ago in MyHub never actually processed, even though I have a receipt and it was on the daily close.  I confirmed today with Merchant Services and then processed it again through CC MyHub.  And now it actually shows!!!
  • BusyProperties
    BusyProperties Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Just tried to process a refund to a CC pymt taken earlier today. Unable to void in Sitelink but logged into Myhub to process the refund. I did get an approval for the CC void in Myhub but still unable to void the payment/transaction in Sitelink. Can anyone help? It says invalid_reverse_ath ??? 
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @BusyProperties If you have already refunded it in Myhub, you might have to run it as an NSF in Sitelink to undo the payment. Just make sure not to add nsf fee or iterate nsf count.
  • BusyProperties
    BusyProperties Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    themage said:
    @BusyProperties If you have already refunded it in Myhub, you might have to run it as an NSF in Sitelink to undo the payment. Just make sure not to add nsf fee or iterate nsf count.
    I would not have thought to do it that way but it worked. Thank you so much! The previous refund process was much more user friendly :( 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads