How to add someone to gate access without a unit

LADYLIFT1
LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
How do you add someone to gate access without a unit 

Comments

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will depend on your gate software. Most gate systems will let you manually add additional codes to an existing unit, or to create a 'phantom' or 'access' unit to add codes to. For example, in our gate control software, we have a unit "A0" which holds our management and utilities codes. A0 is not a real unit and does not exist in our Sitelink. 

If you are using Sitelink Access Control, there should be an access list somewhere where you can set up additional codes.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    If you have a company unit or just one that y'all don't use (in SL web edition), you can go into access and add individual persons and codes. I'm not sure of SL access setup so I'm of no use to add directly into the software.
  • LADYLIFT1
    LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
    We had a company unit when we had digigate, we switched to sitelink access control and no longer have that.  Now I believe I have to call them for them to add 
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    LADYLIFT1 said:
    We had a company unit when we had digigate, we switched to sitelink access control and no longer have that.  Now I believe I have to call them for them to add 
    You can go into SL and add one, then use that as your access point. I do believe I saw that you have to call access control to add them directly into the gate system. I've seen MamaDuke mention the other workaround tho. We just add them directly into StorLogix. Hopefully SL access control gives the control to the operators so y'all can add them instead of having to call....how inconvenient 
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LADYLIFT1, as of today, you still need to call support for us to create non-tenant gate codes. However, this is a priority for our development team and they are working hard on a fix now. We should see this update go live within a matter of weeks. In the meantime, please call support at 919-865-0789 Option 2 to set the codes up. -Lyndsey H

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads