Lag times :(

Geistss
Geistss Registered User ✭✭
Anyone else get extreme lag times like 3-4 minutes at least when entering a move-out date, in Esign or Efiles on customers account and also at the end of converting lead to lease.  Has been happening over a year and still happening.  I have clear and reset and also done all updates but never gets better.

Comments

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't had that particular issue. Have you checked the logs after one of the delays? Make sure your firewall is letting all of the necessary traffic through. If you have more than one PC, is only one affected?

Have you tried the "defragment and repair local cache database"? (Company, utilities, shift-ctrl-d). For whatever reason, this often solves delays for us after an update.
  • BrianQ
    BrianQ Registered User
    I experience a 2-3 minute delay when typing in a customer's name in the esign box. Started right when the update went through.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't use esign, but I haven't had any issues with lag in SL. We used to have an extreme lag after entering info in lead to lease, but that was resolved a couple months back.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Geistss - we aren't seeing any issues with lag on this feature this globally. Please call support so we can help troubleshoot and see what is going on with the system at 919-865-0789 Option 2. -Lyndsey H
  • igotthisnow
    igotthisnow Registered User ✭✭✭
    I do have lag in Esign.  Support could find no issues.  I've got a fast computer with great (300) internet speed.  It's the final signing process in Esign that's the issue.  I think many give up on using it and don't bother contacting support.
  • GlenMark
    GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
    Yes, I have lag times on the signing process for eSign too. Thankfully it's not too lengthy, however, when seconds count and you're sitting there making excuses for why things are slow.... well, that kind of sucks.
  • teesee150
    teesee150 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Yes, lag times are getting worse and worse. If I need to refresh data, I can be sitting for up to 5 minutes. 

Esign is getting horrible, been taking 2-3, sometimes 4-5 minutes to complete esigns lately. Whenever I talk to sitelink, I'm just told I have too many units and too bad, deal with it.

Sitelink has done nothing but gone down hill since acquired by Storables. We're looking into alternatives bc of the all the daily issues/nuisances we have to deal with right now.
  • StackStoreABD
    StackStoreABD Registered User
    Spent an hour and a half on the phone with Sitelink only to be told it's a network issue. It's not. Lag times in Esign are bad and they have no answers. I'm also experiencing trouble loading certain reports and it causes Sitelink to completely freeze up forcing me to go through Task Manager to close it. 
  • teesee150
    Spent an hour and a half on the phone with Sitelink only to be told it's a network issue. It's not. Lag times in Esign are bad and they have no answers. I'm also experiencing trouble loading certain reports and it causes Sitelink to completely freeze up forcing me to go through Task Manager to close it. 
    Im surprised you even got to talk to someone. Last time I needed support waited on phone for hours and took several emails over several days to solve my simple issue.
  • storageguy
    storageguy Registered User
    I am having the same trouble on our Samsung tablet. Move-ins were simple, easy and quick. They are not anymore since change. I've done some basic things like empty cache, delete history and downloads. Restart the tablet. Looked for updates and installed them. No help. I just moved in a lady in a hurry and it took twice as long. 20 minutes vs 10 minutes. Do you know what it's like to have a customer in a hurry and we're we are both standing around looking at the spinning thing. We do a lot of volume here and we need to look good. Please respond with a fix to this slow, slow nightmare.
  • teesee150
    I am having the same trouble on our Samsung tablet. Move-ins were simple, easy and quick. They are not anymore since change. I've done some basic things like empty cache, delete history and downloads. Restart the tablet. Looked for updates and installed them. No help. I just moved in a lady in a hurry and it took twice as long. 20 minutes vs 10 minutes. Do you know what it's like to have a customer in a hurry and we're we are both standing around looking at the spinning thing. We do a lot of volume here and we need to look good. Please respond with a fix to this slow, slow nightmare.
    Don't expect a fix anytime soon. This has been getting worse and worse for more than a year.
  • skylinestorage
    skylinestorage Registered User
    The Lead to Lease lag time has always been so slow and inefficient, that I've taken to using sticky notes by date, (sticky note chains dangling from my nice granite countertop that customers cannot see, (which work quite well) during extremely busy inquiry seasons to keep track of wait list.  During slow times, I can afford to wait for an entry or notation to update; but, otherwise, I've reverted to this method.
  • helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    I am seeing lag times in Esign also. And some reports take forever to load.  
  • igotthisnow
    The lag is too much.  It's affecting the payments,esign and most report screens.  What's the deal..Is this not fixable
  • StackStoreABD
    storable_support said:
    @Geistss - we aren't seeing any issues with lag on this feature this globally. Please call support so we can help troubleshoot and see what is going on with the system at 919-865-0789 Option 2. -Lyndsey H
    storable_support Is Storable ready to admit there's a problem? Can we fix this already? I am sure there are MANY more people that this is affecting but haven't spoken up. This thread is almost a month old and we are still experiencing the same problems. If this isn't fixed soon, I will suggest to our ownership that we look for another platform. 
  • teesee150
    storable_support said:
    storable_support Is Storable ready to admit there's a problem? Can we fix this already? I am sure there are MANY more people that this is affecting but haven't spoken up. This thread is almost a month old and we are still experiencing the same problems. If this isn't fixed soon, I will suggest to our ownership that we look for another platform. 
    We're already looking at other platforms.

Support keeps saying to contact support, but when we do, and spending tons of time on the phone, they just tell us our database is too big and deal with it. Seriously??? We're an independent owned storage facility, we can't be anywhere near their largest. If thats the case, thats extremely disappointing.

• storable_support
    Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you know that this is still on our radar and that I'm passing all concerns onto our support team. I know it can be frustrating, but please keep calling in if you see any of these issues so we can track them and find the root of the problem. The support team's number is 919-865-0789 Option 2. -Lyndsey H
  • igotthisnow
    This is certainly a Sitelink issue.  We seemed to all start lagging at once...says much.  I for one don't have time to call support often, if they have no fix.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lag issues keep getting worse, especially within in Reports, but its affecting everything in Sitelink. I just don't bother with support anymore after my last experience.

I answered a sitelink support email "how'd we do" survey regarding a simple question that took weeks to get answered & resolved...

Apparently the support person took offense with my survey answers; Sent me a personal email telling me just how rude I was!

Don't think I've ever encountered something like that before, so think twice about answering Sitelink surveys!

I was told that email support is farmed out to a separate company, and isn't handled by in-house Sitelink techs. 

It's too bad, this software used to be the best, with zero issues for the first 8 years using them; the last 3 years have declined in performance and support.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I answered a sitelink support email "how'd we do" survey regarding a simple question that took weeks to get answered & resolved...

Apparently the support person took offense with my survey answers; Sent me a personal email telling me just how rude I was!

WOOOWW!!
  • storable_support
    @teamcapitola - Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. That type of response does not reflect our values and this issue has been handled internallyAlso, all of our representatives in software support are Storable employees with zero outsourcing. We really appreciate when our users take the time out of their days to provide us with feedback - good or bad - and hope that we can regain your trust in the future.
  • tmSK
    tmSK Registered User
    Had a new tenant on site wanting to move into a new unit today a little before noon central time.

When trying to E-Sign via iPad it took 20 minutes to complete signing 3 documents. We were unable to load the consolidated document with all 3 forms so we had to sign each one individually. The initial and signature fields for every document will not accept input for 10-30 seconds - once that box pops up and the tenant inputs info then we see the loading icon for the next 5-15 seconds when the input is being saved. The text forms work without issue.

This is usually how E-Sign responds when signing on the iPad but today had waaay longer load times. The tenant was obviously frustrated sitting around waiting for that long - not a good first impression for our facility.

The issue seems to be with the initial and signature fields in all documents that we generate. Is anyone else seeing this behavior with E-Sign?
  • igotthisnow
    It's just too time consuming to use e-sign in person.   I've reverted back to paper contracts for in person.   
  • ESS
    edited August 2022
    We are starting to experience lagging now, too. It's mostly when I'm trying to pull up accounts and process payments. It's weird having tenants stare at me for several minutes while pulling up their accounts and seeing if their payment was successful. 

Edited to add: I'm now being held hostage in Lead to Lease after entering leads. This issue was fixed months ago, but it didn't last.
  • igotthisnow
    Are they working on a fix?
  • StackStoreABD
    I was just talking with Sitelink regarding another issue. I brought up the Lag Time/ Report issue and he acted like it was a simple fix. I told him I had spent time speaking with someone recently and nothing they did fixed anything. So, it doesn't appear that this is a big issue that they are taking seriously. I guess more people have to leave before they take an interest in it. 
  • GlenMark
    GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
    In the beginning, the lag time for us wasn't too big of a deal. Inconvenience, but workable. Now though, the lag is a bit longer when trying to get tenant and office signatures. Still within reason; like maybe a 2 minute lag time at most. I'm using a Dell Inspiron 5579 with Windows 10 Pro.
  • storable_support
    Thank you all for your patience as we've been working to track these and figure out what's going on. We've escalated this internally to our engineering team and they are working hard to find a fix. Please watch our status page for updates. -Lyndsey H
  • StackStoreABD
    I don't know how but it has gotten even worse today. Of course, it has to be on the 1st of the month! Frustrated is an understatement. Patience is gone. 
  • igotthisnow
    It's beyond awful today!!  Glad it's being fixed..finally
  • ESS
    It's beyond awful today!!  Glad it's being fixed..finally
    I have felt like throwing my whole computer at least 15 times since 9am
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is REALLY bad today.  I wonder what changed???
  • teesee150
    edited September 2022
    Glad I'm not the only that noticed how bad it was. HUGE lag times starting yesterday afternoon and continuing into today.

I just timed two e-signs I did for online move ins. One took 3 min and 15 sec, the second one took 3 min and 30 sec. And this was only to e-sign for the manager since the tenant had signed online already. I had a couple yesterday that took 6 to 7 minutes just for the manager signature.

It's crazy when its taking over 10 minutes to do an e-sign in person when we do a move in at the office. This is getting beyond ridiculous. 

I just sent out about 45 notices for failed automatic payments as well. Usually this would take 1-2 minutes. Took almost 10 minutes today. Overall, everything is lagging much worse than usual.
  • jimbo1956
    jimbo1956 Registered User
    Horrendous today   I ran the autopays for one location came back 40 minutes later and not a single card processed. Had several calls with new cards or card update take 1-2 minutes to save it into their account
  • storable_support
    edited September 2022
    Hi everyone! We have found a potential cause and are working on the fix now. I will let you know as soon as it's ready to go. You can also check for updates here: https://status.sitelink.com/ -Lyndsey H
  • teesee150
    Looks like they must have found the problem and fixed it. At least for the elease signing. I've never seen the signing complete this fast in the past. Hopefully it stays this way
  • teesee150
    edited September 2022
    Just timed a signing, took me 18 seconds from clicking Open to the closing pop up that says completed with the option to email/download the agreement.

Doing a data refresh is taking about 10 seconds too. Huge improvement there as well. If I did a manual refresh in the past, it was usually 2-3 minutes and sometimes a few minutes of waiting.

I'm glad its fixed, but it was really disappointing how much complaining had to happen here before a fix was implemented. I know I had called in several times in the past and was brushed off.
  • teesee150
    E-signs are still running great. It now takes longer to do the initial loading of the contract than it does to sign. Signing is almost instantaneous.
  • igotthisnow
    YES INDEED!  Esign is working perfectly!  We had reverted back to paper leases.
  • sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    Well its back! Went here to find a solution. I am running sitelink web edition on two computers in my office, my computer is the only one being affected, all the usual suspects lagging; lead to lease, transition from home screen to tasks, 45 to 60 seconds to open a page, I reset my local database, restarted my computer twice now, nothing, every time there's an update this happens! 
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Company, Utilities, Shift-Ctrl-D
    Defragment and repair local cache database

We have to do this after almost every update. Resetting local database doesn't fix it, but Defragment and repair seems to.

Hope it works for you.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads