More credit card issues

GlenMark
GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
I live and work in an area with a depressed economy. Some folks don't have bank accounts, but have purchased gift cards (Visa/Mastercard) in order to make their storage payments. Just tried to run one for a longtime tenant who has taken care of his balance this way for years, and it was declined for improper AVS information. Kind of hard to post that info on a gift card.

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had trouble for a few weeks with the CVV on ALL swiped credit union cards, but they would run without the CVV just fine.  This week's update fixed the problem, though, thankfully.

There definitely should be an easy way to run a gift card when it's a Visa or Mastercard.
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    While inconvenient, many businesses in my area, including fast food and fuel, refuse gift / prepaid cards without a name on them. Too much fraud has been associated with them. My old pay card, even after I got one with my name, wouldn't support AVS so it basically could only be used as an ATM card.

Most modern prepaid and gift cards will let you register an address for them online so they pass AVS (I know of a few that still don't). Frankly, if someone doesn't want to be traceable, they should be using cash or money order.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @GlenMark, there is an update planned that will pass tenant name/info when not available for AVS. I'm not quite sure whether that would allow gift card to process successfully but I have passed the concern to our product team. -Lyndsey H
  • GlenMark
    GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
    Hi @GlenMark, there is an update planned that will pass tenant name/info when not available for AVS. I'm not quite sure whether that would allow gift card to process successfully but I have passed the concern to our product team. -Lyndsey H
    Appreciate that. I can live with most of the updated changes, however, my biggest gripe at the moment is not having the ability to put deposit refunds back on credit/debit cards; whether the cards have been on file for ages or for folks who rented units in cash and want their deposits back on any acceptable card.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads