Customer doesnt want us to call them

Options
LADYLIFT1
LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
We have a customer that owes money. I called left message her answering machine says send text. I sent a text her reply was stop harassing her I haven't called or text that much.
Would you stop calling the customer? I did send a certi letter 

Comments

• AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love RPost! Certified email, I know when they open it.  I would say you have made every attempt to contact customer to collect funds.  Save those texts! Proceed with proper auction procedures according to your state.  Check with your state SSA, some states require attempted contact at each interval. (Late, pre-lien, lien, post auction, cut lock, etc.)
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd read up on the Federal Fair Debt Collections Practices Act.

Its possible they can try to claim harassment.

In California (where I'm at)

If a debtor notifies us that they refuse to pay the debt or wishes us to stop communicating with them, we stop all communications.... except for the required legal notices set forth in Ca. B&P codes 21700

Basically we stop calling them, but continue with the Lien process as normal, sending the required legal letters throughout the process until Auction.

• GlenMark
    GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd read up on the Federal Fair Debt Collections Practices Act.

Its possible they can try to claim harassment.

In California (where I'm at)

If a debtor notifies us that they refuse to pay the debt or wishes us to stop communicating with them, we stop all communications.... except for the required legal notices set forth in Ca. B&P codes 21700

Basically we stop calling them, but continue with the Lien process as normal, sending the required legal letters throughout the process until Auction.

Yep, we do that too. Over time, however, we've weeded those types of people out. These days, our tenants actually love the communication. Of course, I also don't treat those delinquents like normal debt collectors would either. No harassment, just reminders.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would absolutely stop wasting your time (which is money) on calling and sending texts and move right into the letter of the law in your state with auction proceedings.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads