Tenants making repeated online payments

Options
I have had two tenants so far today who have tried to make online payments.  They are getting the circle of death followed by a message saying their payment did not process. They have then repeatedly tried to make the payment.  As a result, they have ended up making the payment four times. And I have to send 3 refunds back to their cards, which takes 1-2 business days, and I am assuming cost me transaction fees.  This is annoying and embarrassing.
Can Storable Payments do something to fix this, or make it where they cannot make a repeat payment.  Or something...

Comments

• helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Just had a tenant make 8 payments because he kept getting error messages.  He is in town with high-speed internet, so its not a provider issue either.
  • Silverbell
    Silverbell Registered User
    Options
    OMG that is awful for the customer, that could be a lot of money out of their accounts before it gets returned. YIKES! I notice sometimes with mine, the first one is a fail (and yes we get charged for that) then I see where the payment went thru..... for on line payments.... this is not good! 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There seem to be issues all around with payments today.  Autopays mostly didn't process.  Then when I manually redid them, the receipts were all code instead of an actual receipt.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have 3 tenants as of this morning who are dealing with this. One paid 3 times. Storable Pmts shows Approved, then Void. Only issue is, it's still showing up as pending in their banks. None of my tenants yesterday brought this to my attention, but after checking the transactions in MyHub, I see that it happened then too! I get that there are a lot of other issues, especially with lag times, etc...but this is dealing with our tenants' money and it makes us look bad.
    Please fix this soon!
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi everyone! I apologize for the issues that you are having with online payments. Our team is aware and working on a fix now. I'll let you know as soon as we have it fixed. -Lyndsey H
  • BusyProperties
    BusyProperties Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I just had my first tenant with this issue. I told her to wait a week then try again or call in a pymt with us. I can see on myhub where it charged & then a refund receipt but no information on why. I am glad to see that storable is fixing it :) 
  • TSC
    TSC Registered User
    Options
    Hi everyone! I apologize for the issues that you are having with online payments. Our team is aware and working on a fix now. I'll let you know as soon as we have it fixed. -Lyndsey H
    Thank you Lindsey, it seems to be fixed now. I have been saying that Storable definitely needs a server upgrade especially since taking over the card processing I have seen some lagging on all fronts.

• jimbo1956
    jimbo1956 Registered User
    Options
    well the last two days have been a disaster -payments are jacked up  -online rentals not working    lag time horrendous
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of our tenants tried several times. He decided to try one last time and it seemed to go nowhere, but his bank account shows the payment was made and we got a Bulletin Board message saying "A Mobile Web Payment Process Failed" and to go in to the virtual terminal and manually void the payment.

Myhub does, indeed, show an approved payment with no corresponding void, and no payment has posted to his account in Sitelink. 

So... I guess.. Does anyone know how to Manually void a transaction with Storable Payments (one that does not show up in Sitelink)? 
  • mistore
    mistore Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    Has there been any kind of resolution on this issue?

I have a tenant that tried to make an online payment and could not get it to go through, so he called and I took a manual payment over the phone. Now he just called and has multiple transactions pending at his bank.

Are these transactions going to go through, or is there action being taken on the Storable payment end to stop these multiple repeat attempts at payment?
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @mistore
    If you go into MyHub, Storable Payments, Transactions, you can see that most or all of those will have been voided and should disappear from your tenant's bank account in a few days without actually moving money.
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have had customers not able to complete online payments the last two days.  Even this morning.  I haven't noticed repeated payments on my end but not sure what their bank records show.  It is very embarrassing.
  • mistore
    edited September 2022
    Options
    themage said:
    @mistore
    If you go into MyHub, Storable Payments, Transactions, you can see that most or all of those will have been voided and should disappear from your tenant's bank account in a few days without actually moving money.
    I just got a call from a tenant that said that two payments had been taken from his account, one I'm assuming is the transaction that he tried to do online that never showed completion, and then the other being the one that I did manually over the phone with him.

Add to that, his bank shows that Storable has charged him twice, but only credited him with one month.

The tenant wants to meet this afternoon and get refunded for the overcharged month, are you saying that the bank will automatically delete that extra charge?
  • mistore
    Options
    themage said:
    One of our tenants tried several times. He decided to try one last time and it seemed to go nowhere, but his bank account shows the payment was made and we got a Bulletin Board message saying "A Mobile Web Payment Process Failed" and to go in to the virtual terminal and manually void the payment.

Myhub does, indeed, show an approved payment with no corresponding void, and no payment has posted to his account in Sitelink. 

So... I guess.. Does anyone know how to Manually void a transaction with Storable Payments (one that does not show up in Sitelink)? 
    This is where I am at with this tenant. There are multiple charge's/void's, but it is showing that there is a duplicate payment "processing".

Did you ever find a way to manually stop this? 
  • themage
    Options
    We are still trying to iron that one out.
  • mistore
    Options
    mistore said:

This is where I am at with this tenant. There are multiple charge's/void's, but it is showing that there is a duplicate payment "processing".

So, as an update, Storable processed this CC batch and it is a pending deposit into the facility account.

In this batch, there is a double payment from this tenant. One through the Storable website that never indicated success, and one where the tenant called and I manually took payment via Myhub.

Both payments were processed, but only one was ever applied to the customers account. 

@storable_support; What is the resolution on this?
  • themage
    Options
    In our case, we had to manually apply the payment as an offline payment (the authorization code and other details can be found if you export the transactions report from myhub).

I imagine the easiest way for you is, if you are certain your tenant paid twice:

Enter the extra (semi-failed) payment as an offline payment
    Refund the payment you took manually, if possible. (because Sitelink will have the full card info to make the refund) or see if the tenant is ok with being paid ahead.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @helenatim- @themage's answer is correct. However, before you take those steps I would recommend you speak with merchant support to confirm the transactions at 919-865-0789 Option 4 > Option 1.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads