One of my coworkers did a rental back in July. Just noticed that the tenant hasn't made a payment

Options
for the month of August. After reviewing the account, I noticed that the monthly rent is $0.00 and its under daily rental rather than monthly rental. How can I change it back to monthly rental? Or do I have to vacate the tenant and re-enter the tenant as a new tenant.

Answers

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I could be wrong, but I think there's no way to change it from Daily to Monthly within the ledger settings.
    I would agree with moving them out and then back in. However, if their lease says the rent is $0, you will need to give 30 days notice that their rent is increasing to the proper amount. 
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    The rent amount goes by what's listed on the contract (that the tenant and staff signed) when the the unit was rented; the tenant still owes the money regardless of what it says in sitelink...as agreed in the signed lease.

You don't need to give 30 days...you didn't write the lease to show "zero dollars a month".

The only way I know to fix this is to vacate the tenant, then in "Setup" ---> "Units and Tenants" then "Put Tenants in Units" using the correct inception date and correct billing .

I suppose it's up to you if you want to write off the unpaid months, or enforce the lease; the error was in the software NOT in the actual lease.....the tenant still owes the money. It would be like not sending an invoice...everyone knows they still need to pay.
  • AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Check your ledger settings for the customer (tenants>ledger settings>billing period in upper left corner).  If it is not greyed out, you should be able to change it to monthly without moving them out.  Like the other's stated, make sure to check what was stated on the signed contract.  
  • Chevy54
    Chevy54 Registered User
    Options
    The rent amount on the contract says $0.00 I am not sure how my coworker made that change or how it was changed from monthly lease to daily lease. I did go to the tenant's ledger. I am not able to change it too monthly lease. I guess I will just vacate the tenant and enter them as a new tenant. Thank you for everyone's input. You guys are THE BEST!!!!!!!!!! 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads