Email setup

Options
The yahoo email address that I have in SiteLink suddenly quit working yesterday.  It doesn't even recognize my email address when I log in and none of the verification codes will send to my recovery cell phone number or alternate email.  Have a call into Premium Paid Support but after hearing other stories have no hopes of recovering.  And if I do I am not going to use that email again. 
My question- I assume that my email documents/notices/receipts etc in SL won't work now???  I am using my gmail account for now but I am thinking about switching to a business email through our website. Just don't like the long address!  I don't want to start switching everything to the gmail but might have to temporarily.
Any suggestions, tips or sympathy appreciated! Thanks Julie

Comments

• Silverbell
    Silverbell Registered User
    Options
    Maybe it is the new 2 factor authentication that is needed? I do have sympathy for you. Stuff like that drives me crazy until I figure it out... 
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would recommend switching to another provider ASAP. Gmail business accounts are an excellent option and run well with the software. -Lyndsey H
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    My ymail is restored and I updated password in SL.  Now email in SL won't work at all. I emailed support.  Are there set up instructions for gmail? Also what is a gmail business email account?
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gmail setup is simple enough, though you would probably have to set up an "app password" for Sitelink.

Gmail business accounts (now Google Workspace) Are paid accounts, but they allow a much greater number of emails to be processed each day and have other benefits like custom email domain names (me@myplace.com instead of me@gmail.com)

Instructions for setting up gmail can be found here:
    https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7126229?hl=en#zippy=,step-change-smtp-other-settings-in-your-email-client

and setting up app passwords:
    https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en
  • JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks I tried to set up paid business gmail in workspace but a big snag in verifying my website/domain since I want to use that as part of my email. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads