Add a Custom Site Map Category

Options
Is there any way to add an additional color or make a notation on specific units on the map? I am trying to manage the units we have set as rentable online - having those units in a different color would make it very easy to differentiate from the others across multiple locations.

Comments

• LADYLIFT1
    LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last I knew you could not.    :/
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @tmSK - You could designate them as being on a different floor number -- if you don't already use that field. However we currently do not have the feature to customize the map otherwise. 
  • sQcrates
    sQcrates Registered User
    edited October 2022
    Options
    This is interesting, because I've made multiple feature requests asking for this exact feature. I have to use shapes of different colors and apply them to a visible key to indicate color-coded locks on site for units that meet a certain criteria (pending auctions, for instance, is a different color than our normal locks). Color coding is quite literally a universally applicable categorization method, but when I requested this feature and got zero response, I followed up about it and the response was that "there aren't enough requests for that specific request". Given this thread alone, this both makes that response completely false, but also that the number of requests as opposed to the general utility of the request still has no bearing on whether the development team decides to develop or not. Color-coding or in the least customizable colors for the few types that are used would be useful to anyone that needs to visually distinguish between two data points without immediate access to the details of that data- especially since MyHub is intended to be useful out-of-office..  (And how is there not a custom color for auctions, like.... ) Anyway, the point is to thank you, because between this and a few other threads that express dissatisfaction with the way their issues are handled or not at all, it seems like SiteLink as a market leader has gotten a little gluttonous in their effort to stay the market leader... at least for whomever is supposed to be leading their dev. team.  I appreciate your perspective, thank you.  
  • helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    How about a color code for 12' tall doors on units. And something on the website that tenants can tell this.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sQcrates said:
    This is interesting, because I've made multiple feature requests ...  
    I too have made these requests for years.  I think that the powers to be listen to their biggest clients - not the ones with little pockets.  Really irritating that they don't seem to value the actual USER of the day-to-day operations.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • teesee150
    teesee150 Registered User ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    It's because no one on the development team uses this software to manage a real facility. I don't think they have any idea what features are useful and useless.

I'm still waiting for the chip capable credit card reader feature. What was that promised, 5 years ago, at least.
  • Jafwr
    Jafwr Registered User
    Options
    helenatim said:
    How about a color code for 12' tall doors on units. And something on the website that tenants can tell this.
    This would be a great feature!
  • GM_SJ_BSS
    GM_SJ_BSS Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    helenatim said:
    Can't help with the color code, but as far as the website showing the size of the door, we have larger doors on one bldg. plus some units with 2 doors and it we have it showing on our website.
    Whatever was set up in your sitelink as far as 'Unit Types' is what shows on website (at least for us).   The way we did it, was to go into set, then 'units & tenants' then select 'Unit types'.     
    ex:  drive up-10ft door, drive up-2doors etc.  hope this helps.
  • GlenMark
    GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    tmSK said:
    Is there any way to add an additional color or make a notation on specific units on the map? I am trying to manage the units we have set as rentable online - having those units in a different color would make it very easy to differentiate from the others across multiple locations.
    Use Unit Notes. I manage two facilities and we use Unit notes for everything from repair notes to "unusual features" to when someone might be interested in a unit and wants to think about it for a day or two.
  • sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    GlenMark said:
    tmSK said:
    Use Unit Notes. I manage two facilities and we use Unit notes for everything from repair notes to "unusual features" to when someone might be interested in a unit and wants to think about it for a day or two.
    Same for me, Unit Notes I use an asterisk for units that are not near elevators, then when you hover on that unit in the map (it has a tiny yellow square) your note shows up in a banner at the top of the screen, so you know what note you made. I don't think this would work for multiple locations unless you get your managers to make the appropriate changes and keep monitoring. And only if they have permission to access unit notes. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads