Transfer feature in SL

Does your facility use the transfer feature or do you perform a new move-in and then move-out?  The transfer feature always seemed like a straightforward, easy approach but I would like to know what you think?

Best Answers

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If it's the end of the month, I'll do a new move-in so they have those few days to get out of the old unit. If it's any other time, I just use the transfer option and advise they have 24-48 hours to be out of the old unit, depending on the size of it. Using it also ensures what they've already paid on a unit, is transferred to their new one, minus the fee.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I always use the transfer feature if they can move everything within 24 hours.  If not, I do a separate move in, then move the old one out when they're done moving.  So the overlap time, they pay for both units.
  • Max
    Max Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I use to do a transfer but the transfer seem to take longer then the customer planned on and now i have 2 units occupied with only one accounted for. I now move them in a new unit and then I'll transfer the remaining $ once I confirm they moved out of the old unit. This encourages the tenant to move quickly 

Answers

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    We use the transfer feature when we can. It keeps the tenant's ledger intact and any funds or charges on their account moves to the new unit.
  • GlenMark
    GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
    The one thing that is a little silly about transfers is when you do it from a large unit to a smaller one. There is no way to adjust the security deposit to reflect the change (you can add the additional amount though if you are transferring from smaller to bigger). I had inquired about this with tech support. Their advice was the same as what I was already doing: moving tenant out and returning their rent/deposit in cash, then moving them into smaller unit and dumping that "cash" back on their new account. Those extra steps are a bit more time consuming in a software which is supposed to reduce such wastes.
  • Jamie_Mather
    Jamie_Mather Registered User, Daily Operations Certified
    We are tight on available units. Some of our current tenants are looking for smaller/larger units. Right now we are using Lead to Lease in order to keep track of those needs. Is there a better way to do this that won't trash our sales close rate?
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are tight on available units. Some of our current tenants are looking for smaller/larger units. Right now we are using Lead to Lease in order to keep track of those needs. Is there a better way to do this that won't trash our sales close rate?
    This is pretty much your only option in SL. I wish we were able to select just a unit size and type, instead of an individual unit, so we are able to get the notification when it's available for that tenant.
  • mistore
    mistore Registered User ✭✭
    MamaDuke7 said:
    I always use the transfer feature if they can move everything within 24 hours.  If not, I do a separate move in, then move the old one out when they're done moving.  So the overlap time, they pay for both units.
    This is pretty much what I do as well.
  • GlenMark
    GlenMark Registered User ✭✭✭
    It depends on time. If a tenant can transfer units over the course of two days, we will just do a straight transfer. Anything longer, we have them rent the new unit and then when they are out of the old, we just transfer their deposit and remaining rent to the new one. Also, I only do transfers from units that are the same size, or transfers from smaller to bigger units.

Going from bigger to smaller, I have to move the tenant out and move them back into the smaller one; only because if you just transfer from big to small, you cannot manipulate the deposit to accurately reflect the change in size.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads