Online Payment issues

Options
Many of our renters experienced issues last month making online payments.  The website would give them errors or time them out when attempting to make a payment.  In some cases the payments were actually going through and charged to their card but not registering as a payment.  The same issue seems to be happening again this month.  Anyone else having issues with on-line payments.

Tagged:

Comments

• JulieAton
    JulieAton Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    SL has not played nice today.  Very very slow.  Lots of very delayed lag time.  I can't get my automatic ACH payments to process at all.  The error says Index was out of range.  Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.  Parameter name: index.  Same with two facilities.  Tried it without emailing receipts and same error.  SL needs to get it together.  First of the month has been horrible for a few months.  @SiteLink_System @Admin
  • JulieAton
    Options
    I just emailed support.  For what that is worth. 
  • helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Many of our renters experienced issues last month making online payments.  The website would give them errors or time them out when attempting to make a payment.  In some cases the payments were actually going through and charged to their card but not registering as a payment.  The same issue seems to be happening again this month.  Anyone else having issues with on-line payments.

Yes. 

• jimbo1956
    jimbo1956 Registered User
    Options
    Yes  Had the say problem yesterday  Today sitelink home will not come up to login and review yesterdays activity. Customers are upset multiple payment authorizations reduce their avaiable balance to pay other bills until those clear off their account monday or tuesday
  • mistore
    mistore Registered User ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Myhub is down, payment portal is down. I guess I can't operate my business today...

https://status.sitelink.com/

This is one of the reasons I don't have beginning of month billing. I'll have a few customers inconvenienced and unable to make payments, but with anniversary billing, my customers are spread across the month, so my damage impact is minimized.  

*Edit - Damn, it's working now. Guess I'll go to work.  🫤
  • BusyProperties
    BusyProperties Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    10/3 - Cannot process payments today either :(
  • igotthisnow
    igotthisnow Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    My customers also experienced errors with online payments.  What's the issue?

Payments are crawling today...if a fix in the mix??
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm having issues processing card payments, this morning. Most say: "Failure - Payment was not processed"
    I haven't had anyone call about web payments...but the day just started. 
  • BusyProperties
    BusyProperties Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    ESS said:
    I'm having issues processing card payments, this morning. Most say: "Failure - Payment was not processed"
    I haven't had anyone call about web payments...but the day just started. 
    Same here - all morning whether I process one or multiple. 
  • GM_SJ_BSS
    GM_SJ_BSS Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    having issues as well..  keep getting error messages, failed - payment not processed, error connecting to network....  Storable payments is for the birds, been a headache ever since the switch...
  • tboinferno
    tboinferno Registered User
    Options
    I'm also having some issues both with online payments that show going out of the client's bank account but not processing through Sitelink and also problems with auto payments not going through even once I enter in the information they've provided me when I notified them of the problem.  I have to ask them to try to make the change themselves off our payment portal and hope that works!  Not the way I'd like to start my Monday!
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I'm now getting complaints from tenants trying to make web payments. Processing cards in-store is hit or miss. Some process, some give me the failure message. Wonderful to have CC processor errors, AGAIN, at the beginning of the month :/

I think the worst part is, our gate locks on the 2nd for non-payment. How can you justify to your tenants continuous issues with your software that is prohibiting them from accessing the property? At this point it's unacceptable and if we are required to use SP, it should at least work or let us choose who we want to process our payments.
  • white
    white Registered User, Advanced Operations Certified
    Options
    We had 75% of auto draft rejected.  We were able to process payments if we refreshed system each time.
    But then it gave us an error of no network connection.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello! We had multiple issues arise at the beginning of the month and I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration that this caused. Here is an update on the issues that were mentioned:
    1. Online payment issue : This is only for tenants trying to pay online on our web template via their cellphone. It is unfortunately not resolved yet and we are working hard to find a fix. 
    2. Unable to take payments at all : This is mainly resolved but note that we are seeing a few lingering double payments/voids which is causing some confusion. Our team is working to troubleshoot those now.
    3. Unable to log into MyHub : This was resolved in a few hours on Sunday afternoon and so are the eSign issues that were found. 
    -Lyndsey H
  • jimbo1956
    Options
    It is NOT only payments on the mobile web templates   Is doing the same things on autopay accounts. This is a real credibility issue
  • white
    Options
    I have tenants saying their bank says it is pending on our end (auto draft) tenants very upset
  • white
    Options
    Just had a tenant call and say she got charged twice.  She forgot she was on auto draft so she made a web payment the same day as auto draft.  Both went through her bank but we are only showing the auto payment.  No one will answer phone at Site LInk
  • JulieAton
    Options
    Still having issues today.  This is not good. 
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Use Myhub to check credit card transactions. You will likely see transactions that were approved and then immediately refunded. Some banks still take their time processing refunds so it looks like a payment was taken out even though it wasn't, at least for a little while.

It can happen while the payment system is having problems that a payment is captured or approved but doesn't get applied in Sitelink. If you see a transaction in Myhub that isn't reflected in your tenant's ledger, double check with the tenant that the payment has been taken from their bank and then make an offline payment so the account is correct. 

If a tenant made a double payment and the above happened, you could then refund the payment that went through correctly, or see if the tenant is ok with having paid for an extra rental period.
  • jimbo1956
    Options
    While we know how to do the things in my hub -the real question is why we have to do all this. It is unacceptable to have a payment program that does not work. We were on sitelink merchant service for years and never had any issues. Moved over to storable payments and it's a disaster. My customers are ticked, our credibility is at risk and we have to spend our time fielding calls and researching the payment issues. We pay them to provide a service, not create issues. I have lost all confidence in Storable and looking for an exit plan
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All payment processors have a virtual terminal. The one for Storable just happens to be accessed through Myhub.

Having spent some time in (unrelated) software development, I understand some of what the Sitelink / Storable team is dealing with. Any time you create something new, there is pressure to get it to market as fast as possible. You can set up the most comprehensive testing environment imaginable, but the only way to make software that actually works is to deploy it in the real world and fix the issues that arise. Then, as soon as you think its working well, someone changes the standards. You change the parts you need to and find out that now they don't work right with the other parts. It's a constant game of catch up and progress.

Even something like the Windows operating system, the most widely used around the world, has serious issues every time it is "upgraded".

I am not saying that anyone should force themselves into staying with Sitelink, but even with the problems, it may still be the best option. Any integrated system will have issues, and changing to another system always brings up other issues. If another system will work better for your business, then you absolutely should switch to that.
  • jimbo1956
    Options
    I fully expect that there can be occasional hiccups and glitches. The idea that you would deploy untested software because you want to be ahead of the market is silly. Boeing tried it-didnt work out to well. Sitelink merchant service worked fine. I can only attest to the trend I have seen once storable got in the mix. Website issues, repeated payment issues over several months now. From what I gather but have no first hand experience, the same thing is happening with their access control. 
  • FSS
    FSS Registered User
    Options
    jimbo1956 said:
    Yes  Had the say problem yesterday  Today sitelink home will not come up to login and review yesterdays activity. Customers are upset multiple payment authorizations reduce their avaiable balance to pay other bills until those clear off their account monday or tuesday
    We had this same problem. Incredibly frustrating and zero response from Sitelink. I sent multiple emails, made numerous phone calls and finally yesterday, the 12th, I got a response. Unbelievable.
  • PerryStorage
    PerryStorage Registered User
    Options
    I reported the issues that I was seeing in the beginning of this month and last month.  I was told things were fixed and my request was considered "resolved".  Today the issues seem to be back - at least with people attempting payments from a mobile device.  Extremely frustrating and I fully expect the same problems when the majority of our renters attempt payments on November 1.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @PerryStorageMaking payments via a cell phone on the web template (payment portal we provide) has not been resolved and is still ongoing. We are working hard on this and trying to find a fix. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads