How do I disable the verification of credit card info for tenants who have auto payment

Options
We do not run credit cards in the Sitelink software, how can I disable the credit card verification and AVS verification when setting them up for auto payment.

Answers

• i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What are you using as payment for auto payment?
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • mARIE
    mARIE Registered User
    Options
    We use PayPal...I get the list of auto pay tenants for the day on the daily tasks list and we run the credit cards/debit cards manually on PayPal... I entered the information in site link with the tenants name, debit card number, credit card number, whatever expiration and three digit code but I keep getting an error that it didn't pass the verification process, but the information is correct and I am able to run the card successfully via PayPal. I just don't want the site link system to force a verification on a card that I know is good
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @mARIE - If you are setting a tenant up for auto payment, you are running credit cards in SiteLink. So verification is mandatory and there is no way to disable it.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @mARIE - If you are setting a tenant up for auto payment, you are running credit cards in SiteLink. So verification is mandatory and there is no way to disable it.
    She's saying she is putting the card info into SL for AP, but not processing thru SL.

I'm friends with another manager that also uses a different service to process the cards. She logs them into SL so she knows which ones to run in her other program.

@mARIE If it's not processed thru SL, it won't verify it, as long as you don't ever process it in the program and don't manually verify it when you enter the card. Even if it shows as a mismatch, you're not actually running it in SL, so Storable Pmts isn't a factor in charging you more
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ESS said:
    She's saying she is putting the card info into SL for AP, but not processing thru SL.

I'm friends with another manager that also uses a different service to process the cards. She logs them into SL so she knows which ones to run in her other program.

@mARIE If it's not processed thru SL, it won't verify it, as long as you don't ever process it in the program and don't manually verify it when you enter the card. Even if it shows as a mismatch, you're not actually running it in SL, so Storable Pmts isn't a factor in charging you more
    With the new Storable Payments, it DOES run the card with the CVV2 to verify the card when you save it for autopay.  If you put in a card with the wrong info, it won't even let you save it to the account. 

I'm not sure there's going to be a way around this to save a card now.  It may have to be saved elsewhere and another method used for Autopay.  (I'd probably add them to the calendar as a recurring reminder)
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:
    ESS said:

With the new Storable Payments, it DOES run the card with the CVV2 to verify the card when you save it for autopay.  If you put in a card with the wrong info, it won't even let you save it to the account. 

I'm not sure there's going to be a way around this to save a card now.  It may have to be saved elsewhere and another method used for Autopay.  (I'd probably add them to the calendar as a recurring reminder)
    Wow!! 

Def setup a secured spreadsheet so you don't even have to fool with SP AVS
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It sounds like you want the autopay info in Sitelink so that it will create the list of autopays each day for you to run.

You then run those separately in PayPal and then manually enter the payment back into Sitelink and hope no one accidentally runs the days credit cards in Sitelink in the mean time (low risk if no one has been trained to run them anyway). Since Sitelink wont show the full card number anymore, you must have that information stored somewhere else. Hopefully that place is very secure.

You could have your autopay tenants set up recurring payments through PayPal so you don't have to use Sitelink to schedule them. Then you would just check PayPal each day and enter the payments into Sitelink.

• mARIE
    mARIE Registered User
    Options
    I guess that would work. I'll have to look into how to do that and PayPal. I was hoping that I could just have the reminder list generated in site link. That's the way I used to do it the standalone system. We don't have site link automatically run any credit cards or debit cards. Can I take it from your answer that there is no way to override the automatic verification in site link?
  • mARIE
    mARIE Registered User
    Options
    One more comment. This was an issue with a card I tried to put in and all the information is correct because I ran it in PayPal but for some reason SiteLink is throwing an error and not allowing me to save the information. Just a FYI
  • ESS
    Options
    mARIE said:
    One more comment. This was an issue with a card I tried to put in and all the information is correct because I ran it in PayPal but for some reason SiteLink is throwing an error and not allowing me to save the information. Just a FYI
    This happens occasionally. After a few tries it will usually take it. It's supposed to mean there is something invalid with the card, but that's hit or miss. I've had it happen where the card did need to be updated and I've had it where I typed the card in several times and then it finally worked.
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mARIE said:
    This is likely because you don't use SL for payment processing.  Therefore it can't connect to verify the card info.  And so it won't allow it to be saved.
  • mARIE
    mARIE Registered User
    Options
    Oh that makes sense.....thank you all for the comments and advice!!😁

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads