How do you like Access Control by Storable so far?

Options
Hi! We are considering a change to Access Control by Storable, wondering who has had some time with it and what you think of it. We currently have PTI StorLogix Cloud, ever since they switched to the Cloud,  the whole thing absolutely sucks and does nothing in the way of informing us of real time alarm activity from the PC. Not secure at all anymore. 

Comments

• helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi. I was an early adopter of Access Control from Storable at three facilities in February of this year. I had been a PTI StorLogix customer for several years before that.  You mention alarm activity with PTI and I don't have any experience with that, but I went thru many problems with PTI especially the lack of tech support!  My main reason for switching to Access was the promise of a seamless rental experience for my tenants thru the website. I wanted them to be able to rent, pay, get a gate code and move in to a unit without having to contact me personally.  This is because I operate three remote facilities with my one laptop and no employees. So the only device at each facility is the Storable Cloud Node connected to the gate and internet. No more PC's at each location!
    Storable Access is operating very well and delivering what was promised for seamless rentals. It updates the gate almost immediately after a new rental or a payment. And it operates the gate flawlessly.
    I don't know what additional features you are wanting from a gate control system and I think that PTI and others may offer more in the way of alarms and notifications and different zones.  I would suggest a very specific conversation with the Access people to check all that out.
    As far as meeting my needs, Access has been excellent.  Now, I am just waiting for Access to allow the tenant to select their own gate code during the rental process...
  • sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    helenatim said:
    Hi. I was an early adopter of Access Control from Storable at three facilities in February of this year. I had been a PTI StorLogix customer for several years before that.  You mention alarm activity with PTI and I don't have any experience with that, but I went thru many problems with PTI especially the lack of tech support!  My main reason for switching to Access was the promise of a seamless rental experience for my tenants thru the website. I wanted them to be able to rent, pay, get a gate code and move in to a unit without having to contact me personally.  This is because I operate three remote facilities with my one laptop and no employees. So the only device at each facility is the Storable Cloud Node connected to the gate and internet. No more PC's at each location!
    Storable Access is operating very well and delivering what was promised for seamless rentals. It updates the gate almost immediately after a new rental or a payment. And it operates the gate flawlessly.
    I don't know what additional features you are wanting from a gate control system and I think that PTI and others may offer more in the way of alarms and notifications and different zones.  I would suggest a very specific conversation with the Access people to check all that out.
    As far as meeting my needs, Access has been excellent.  Now, I am just waiting for Access to allow the tenant to select their own gate code during the rental process...
    Thank you for this information, I spoke with a representative and unfortunately they do not support my individually alarmed doors. We need the service for more than just gate activity, since I have 1400 units, I need to know if I have trespassers trying to break into units. PTI used to let me know when someone opens a unit door without having used the code that deactivates the alarm on each door. This handy feature used to let me know if someone had slept in their unit as it resets itself after an hour. After being forced to switch to PTI StorLogix Cloud, I get none of this, it no longer monitors doors for me. Toggling between menus to see door activity, defeats the purpose of being informed in real time that something suspicious is happening. AND no support! They offer a 3rd party service who recently raised their rates and don't know any more than I do about PTI. 
  • helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    helenatim said:
    Thank you for this information, I spoke with a representative and unfortunately they do not support my individually alarmed doors. We need the service for more than just gate activity, since I have 1400 units, I need to know if I have trespassers trying to break into units. PTI used to let me know when someone opens a unit door without having used the code that deactivates the alarm on each door. This handy feature used to let me know if someone had slept in their unit as it resets itself after an hour. After being forced to switch to PTI StorLogix Cloud, I get none of this, it no longer monitors doors for me. Toggling between menus to see door activity, defeats the purpose of being informed in real time that something suspicious is happening. AND no support! They offer a 3rd party service who recently raised their rates and don't know any more than I do about PTI. 
    I had a feeling you needed more than what Access offered. Perhaps check Opentech? I think they may offer that. It is really sad that PTI is such a mess. Good luck!
  • sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    helenatim said:
    helenatim said:
    I had a feeling you needed more than what Access offered. Perhaps check Opentech? I think they may offer that. It is really sad that PTI is such a mess. Good luck!
    Oh thanks I will see what OpenTech has to offer! 
  • LADYLIFT1
    LADYLIFT1 Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    The only issue I have with it currently is once a person gets a gate code, they can go anywhere even inside buildings they shouldn't have access to. I'm hoping they will update this.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello, I just wanted to chime in to let @LADYLIFT1 know that we added Access Zones on 10/25. Here are the release notes and here is the article about it. These resources should help you but please let us know if you have any questions! 

Thank you @sonyawiprud for the additional context of your facility's needs. We'll be mindful of this as we make future iterations to Access Control for SiteLink. 

Thanks also @helenatim! You've been such a huge champion of AC and we truly appreciate your feedback. 
  • Renae
    Renae Registered User
    Options
    I have a problem with a few customers that shouldn't have access and they follow someone in and then can't get out.  I emailed Access Control and they told me that "this is how the system was designed to operate. "  I did not know this when we bought this.  I would have liked to know this before.  Wouldn't of went with them.  I guess we need to make a sign and have it by the gate.  Any suggestions? 
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Train your tenants.

But seriously, there are places that can get into real trouble if they don't let people out. You could install a switch to activate the exit gate (emergency exit) inline with a timer so it only works during gate hours. 

For us, if they don't have a code, they must talk to someone in the office or wait and follow someone. We have an emergency number by the exit keypad for after office hours, and staff can open the gate with their phone. The local police also have a code, so if someone gets stuck the police can let them out.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Renae said:
    I have a problem with a few customers that shouldn't have access and they follow someone in and then can't get out.  I emailed Access Control and they told me that "this is how the system was designed to operate. "  I did not know this when we bought this.  I would have liked to know this before.  Wouldn't of went with them.  I guess we need to make a sign and have it by the gate.  Any suggestions? 
    We also have an after hours emergency number at the exit gate. However, when they call, I'm getting the tenant name so the next business day I can send them an email for whatever the situation was. If they are still entering without grated access, overlock their unit and only give them access during business hours....if it still persists - non-renewal. Thankfully I haven't had anyone call in about a year.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads