Partial Refunds

Options
So I run autopay at 8am on the 1st. At 6pm on the 1st one of tenants tells me they have moved out. No ten day Notice.  But I want to refund them something. Is there a way to do the Move-out and date it for the 11th and refund them the balance, but also have the unit available to rent tomorrow?

Comments

• AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have had this happen a time or 2.  I will go into payments> edit charges & payments > and add an "insufficient notice fee" or "admin fee" you can charge any $ amount. Update it without payment.  Then when you move them out, prorated, it will deduct the charge from the prorated refund amount. 

• storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi, Tim! Unfortunately, you cannot date the move-out for 11/11 and still have the unit available for rent (this is a future move-out.) However, you can move them out as of today/yesterday but only give back part of the generated refund (instead of the whole amount) and then dismiss the rest as unowed. Alternatively, we have a specific fee "Insufficient Notice Fee" that you can activate and use to reduce the refund for this exact reason. Hope this helps! 
  • helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you AnitaJohnson1269 and storable support!!  Wish I had known about the Insufficient Notice Fee years ago. Always something new to learn.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads