Gate Lockout...for certain tenants

Options
I recently changed my Gate Lockout to the 2nd of the month instead of the 11th.  I realized tenants were not paying the new month's rent, then moving out on the 5th or 8th or whatever. 
The question is that I have some tenants who i allow to pay on the 3rd, 5th or later because they get paid on those days.  Is it possible to create individual Gate Lockouts for these few people?

Comments

• GM_SJ_BSS
    GM_SJ_BSS Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    helenatim said:
    I recently changed my Gate Lockout to the 2nd of the month instead of the 11th.  I realized tenants were not paying the new month's rent, then moving out on the 5th or 8th or whatever. 
    The question is that I have some tenants who i allow to pay on the 3rd, 5th or later because they get paid on those days.  Is it possible to create individual Gate Lockouts for these few people?
    The only thing I can come up with, is to go into the accounts of the tenants that you provide extra time before locking out and go under their ledger settings under 'Gate' and select 'never lock out' of gate.  The only problem with that is if they ended up not paying, you would manually have to go in and change it so that the access is denied.  If you do decide to do it this way, I would suggest pulling up a gate access report and sort by 'Never-Lockout Flag' and print only the page(s) needed to use as reference.   
    The upside is sitelink would still remind you to overlock the unit so even if you forget to deny the access, the unit would still be overlocked.   Totally stinks when a tenant vacates right before being locked out.  In CT, we only have to give a 5-day grace period before overlocking and denying access.
  • helenatim
    helenatim Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    GM_SJ_BSS said:
    helenatim said:
    The only thing I can come up with, is to go into the accounts of the tenants that you provide extra time before locking out and go under their ledger settings under 'Gate' and select 'never lock out' of gate.  The only problem with that is if they ended up not paying, you would manually have to go in and change it so that the access is denied.  If you do decide to do it this way, I would suggest pulling up a gate access report and sort by 'Never-Lockout Flag' and print only the page(s) needed to use as reference.   
    The upside is sitelink would still remind you to overlock the unit so even if you forget to deny the access, the unit would still be overlocked.   Totally stinks when a tenant vacates right before being locked out.  In CT, we only have to give a 5-day grace period before overlocking and denying access.
    That's all I could come up with as well. Today was the first day having Gate Lockout one day after payments due. And I have had at least 8 tenants pay their bill thru the website at the gate.  So, my cunning plan is working...
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello, the gate lockout event is all or nothing. There are no settings to allow a separate gate lockout per tenant/unit. Another option is to move those tenants you allow to pay late to an anniversary date billing. So instead of them being due on the first of the month, it can be set to a later day like in the month (e.g. the 5th). The days late would be based off of the 5th instead of the 1st. Hope this helps!
  • helenatim
    Options
    Hello, the gate lockout event is all or nothing. There are no settings to allow a separate gate lockout per tenant/unit. Another option is to move those tenants you allow to pay late to an anniversary date billing. So instead of them being due on the first of the month, it can be set to a later day like in the month (e.g. the 5th). The days late would be based off of the 5th instead of the 1st. Hope this helps!
    That helps a lot.  Thanks!
  • helenatim
    Options
    helenatim said:
    That helps a lot.  Thanks!
    Can you change an existing tenant to anniversary date billing?
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi, @helenatim. Yes, you can change an existing tenant to anniversary date billing. In Setup, Units and Tenants, edit Tenant Settings, select the unit, and then edit. To change to Anniversary Billing, select the day of the month, and then save.  This will create a prorate charge to fill the gap between when the tenant is next due and the new day. Once that is paid, the tenant will start paying a full month based on the day selected. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads