How do I verify AVS?

Options
Seandra
Seandra Registered User
We used to be able to verify the address in the credit card section but it no longer gives that option. How can I now verify the AVS?
Tagged:

Answers

• ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just gotta cross your fingers and hope they let it go thru. I have 53 mismatches that are all factual addresses, but SL can't get it together so we're paying higher fees for it.
  • Seandra
    Seandra Registered User
    Options
    It was better when we could go in and verify it ourselves. They should put that back in place.

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Autopays should be verifying themselves as they run.
    You should be able to verify AVS for saved cards. If the Verify AVS button is greyed out, just delete the last digit of the zip code and type it back in. The Verify button should then be clickable.

I know you are mostly talking about cards that aren't saved. It would be nice to be able to pre-verify, but would Sitelink remember the billing address for next time without saving the card info? I think you would have to ask the cardholder every time for the billing address if different than address on file, and hope they can remember the right one. And then (I am not sure about this part) aren't you paying for the $0 transaction to verify the AVS each time it comes back wrong or right?

Sorry, just trying to think it through. 
  • Seandra
    Seandra Registered User
    Options
    There is no verify AVS button any more. Not even when you said to do with the zip code above. The zip code, billing address section is highlighted in green and HAS to be filled in. Is this perhaps why that verify button is no longer available?
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Seandra- we'd like to get a bit more information on this one. Please call 919-865-0789 > Option 2 so we can troubleshoot with you.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seandra said:
    There is no verify AVS button any more. Not even when you said to do with the zip code above. The zip code, billing address section is highlighted in green and HAS to be filled in. Is this perhaps why that verify button is no longer available?
    I have the verify AVS button, but after I click it, it does nothing. 
  • ESS
    Options
    AVS button is now working. I am continuously being embarrassed today calling all 51 of my "No Match" tenants, again, with them assuring me the address on file is correct.
  • Nazpastortony
    Nazpastortony Registered User ✭✭
    Options
    Glad you got it running again.  I was a little confused with the thread because I had not had any issues.
  • CWood
    CWood Registered User
    Options
    I do not have a verify button, Where can I find this?? In the credit card page where the zip code goes it only says "AVS Information Has Not Been Verified." How do I fix this???
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CWood said:
    I do not have a verify button, Where can I find this?? In the credit card page where the zip code goes it only says "AVS Information Has Not Been Verified." How do I fix this???
    In the customer account autopay setup, first it looks like the top pic.  Then if you retype the zip, the verify AVS becomes available like the bottom pic.

• CWood
    CWood Registered User
    Options
    Thank you 
    MamaDuke7 but I do not have that Verify AVS (grayed or not)
  • ESS
    Options
    CWood said:
    Thank you 
    MamaDuke7 but I do not have that Verify AVS (grayed or not)
    You may have already done this, but try launching a live update and see if it returns
  • CWood
    CWood Registered User
    Options
    Thank you but no.... that did not work. Is it in an upgrade??
  • ESS
    Options
    No, I just didn't have mine, did an update and it came back but stayed greyed out. I didn't do anything recently and it started letting me utilize it again. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads