Paid through dates not syncing with transfer

Options

Yesterday I did a transfer (upgrade) from BU021 to BU056 ($215.00). Her anniversary date is the 31st of any month (that has 31 days). I collected the difference of $212.49 because she had a pro-rate credit of $3.00.  When all was said and done, I noticed her paid through date said 12/30/2022. It should have said 01/30/2023. Every time I try to update it, it tells me there is an error and “the Lease date must be set earlier or equal to the move-in date and the Move-in date must be set earlier or equal to the first Rent charge date.” This makes no sense to me; I tried changing her move-in date and it won’t let me. I decided maybe it would fix itself over night since it seems like a last day of the year issue on SiteLink. When I got in this morning, sure enough she was set to run auto pay for $215.00 with a due date of today through the 30th of January.

The receipt reads 11/30-12/30 which isn’t even correct if it were true because there were not 31 days in November so it should have said 12/01-12/30. But in the upper right corner it says payment date 12/30/2022 3:53PM. The whole thing shows as receiving a payment on 12/30. But for some reason, it’s trying to collect this month again. I am baffled. 

If anyone knows the best way to go with this, please help! I considered trying to move it out and back in again, or just crediting the new charges since it is actually already paid. 

Comments

• AnitaJohnson1269
    AnitaJohnson1269 Registered User ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We had a move in do that a few weeks ago.  Moved in 11-18, paid for the remainder of November and the month of December.  The receipt showed paid thru 11-30 and the rent charged showed Nov 18 - Nov 30 and the next line "Nov 18-Nov 30" (full month's rent).  We were told by support to credit December.  No other explanation. 

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The receipt reads 11/30-12/30 which isn’t even correct if it were true because there were not 31 days in November so it should have said 12/01-12/30. But in the upper right corner it says payment date 12/30/2022 3:53PM. The whole thing shows as receiving a payment on 12/30. But for some reason, it’s trying to collect this month again. I am baffled.

The only part of your question I can speak to is the dates.  If they are due on the 31st, then it goes to being due on the 30th of those months with only 30 days.  It doesn't go to the 1st of the next month.  So 11/30 - 12/30 would be correct.

The rest I think you'll have to call support.  They need to get into your system and see what happened.
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @sonyawiprud - Anniversaries on the last day of month can get complicated on a transfer. The cleanest fix is likely to move out and move in fresh. If you would like to troubleshoot this more, please contact our support team at 919-865-0789 Option 2. -Lyndsey H

• sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    @sonyawiprud - Anniversaries on the last day of month can get complicated on a transfer. The cleanest fix is likely to move out and move in fresh. If you would like to troubleshoot this more, please contact our support team at 919-865-0789 Option 2. -Lyndsey H

Yes this is what I had to do, unfortunately I lost her CC on file due to the move-out and now she's not responding! All she owes is her insurance, which I also didn't catch when the transfer was made so I think that had a lot to do with it as well. 
  • sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:

The only part of your question I can speak to is the dates.  If they are due on the 31st, then it goes to being due on the 30th of those months with only 30 days.  It doesn't go to the 1st of the next month.  So 11/30 - 12/30 would be correct.

The rest I think you'll have to call support.  They need to get into your system and see what happened.
    I always thought this as well, but when I looked at her last payment it said 12/01 to 12/31. I feel like I have always noticed that people due on the 31st end up being charged on the 1st, I could be wrong, would this be a corporate setting? I wonder. 
  • MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MamaDuke7 said:

I always thought this as well, but when I looked at her last payment it said 12/01 to 12/31. I feel like I have always noticed that people due on the 31st end up being charged on the 1st, I could be wrong, would this be a corporate setting? I wonder. 
    I don't think so.  Nothing I can find, anyway.  I just know here they run the last day, whatever that is.  So in Feb it runs on the 28th!

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads