Invoices issues

HMyers
HMyers Unconfirmed, Registered User
I keep on finding invoices sitting in company's accounts that have not created a invoice number. In November I found 27, this month I have found 9 so far. Does anyone know why this is happening or has this happened to anyone else? I know how to create a manual invoice so that they will have invoice numbers. Just don't understand why this is happening.       

Answers

• themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where do you see / find the invoices without numbers?
  • storable_support
    storable_support Registered User, Registered Moderator, Community Manager ✭✭✭✭✭
    @HMyers - Invoice number is what's known as a "non-nullable field." This means that an invoice cannot exist in SiteLink that does not have a number. It's possible to preview an invoice. In which case, they system does not generate a number. A user might mistakenly email that preview to a tenant without actually processing the invoice. 
  • HMyers
    I know if you send it through the preview it will not generate an invoice because I have done that and now I never do. I sent them all the normal way through my reminders bulletin. How I find out that they have no invoice is when I go into edit charges and payments and look at the charges and see there is no invoice number by a charge. One day I found 27 at one time. Yesterday I found 9. I just hope someone else might have had this issue. Maybe Im doing something? I called sitelink and they showed me how to get them charges to create a invoice by creating a new invoice, but they dont know why this is happening. 
  • themage
    themage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like you are seeing charges that have not been invoiced.
    If it is the same tenant(s) each time, check the ledger setting for each one and make sure "send an invoice" has a check mark and "invoice days before due" is a reasonable number.

Some charges (non recurring) will not automatically be added to an invoice until the regular monthly invoice is generated. For example, a tenant buys a lock from you and you just add it to the account instead of taking payment right away. The charge will appear without an associated invoice until the invoice gets created before the next rent is due.
  • HMyers
    This is happening on just 3 of my biggest company's that I have. On their accounts I have their invoice dates set to 0 because they never give me any notice as to when they want their containers picked up.. This way I don't have to do so many credits. Do you think that this has something to do with why my invoices sometimes don't create invoice numbers? I have it set this way with other company's as well but have not had this issue, and this issues just started. I have had them set this way for some time now. Its just rent that is doing this and that is a recurring charge.  

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads